Registered
6,129 Posts
Scott, is that you mate ??

How's the GTI-R running ?

Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I think the latest incarnation of the official GTI-R Owners Club site as actually very good.

Alot of work has been put into it by various people, and it's been totally revamped.

There is a new forum / messageboard, but it hasn't taken off in massive numbers yet because everyone has been using the Yahoogroups lists for so many years.

Daz

452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the car is going very well ! Already for Bolney If i clean it ! If not may not be able to tell what colour it should be.....! ;) Hi spec's doing a fine job..

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
No offense taken at all.

I also think this is an awesome site - and that's why i spend so much time hear. I've met alot of people from this register now, and everyone i've met has been tops - a great bunch. Been to a few skyline meets and always enjoyed them. Long may that continue.

cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sunny GTI-R

Hiya Daz,
Didn't I see you and your motah at Abbey a couple of months ago...I have the silver GTR32, and my missus has got a Sunny GTI-R (Black...of course) Hers is upto a meagre 268 bhp but I'm sure yours is much more capable. I liked the idea of placing the intercooler at the front. Looks the part too!..

John

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Yeah, i remember...that was the day of the December Grasshopper meet. I think John's blue R32 was in there too.

268bhp in a car of that size is nothing to be sniffed at mate..i'm assuming it's running at a bar for the figure ? Anything between 260 and 290 seems to be the case. Have no idea what mine is producing now. Booked in today to have some more bits done after Bolney - can't wait :D

Maybe i'll catch up with you at a future skyline or GTI-R meet then ?

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sunny GT-iR

I forget what the boost is on Lesley's car, I'll have to take it for a run to see..hehe. We bought it two years ago as an import, and all the work was already done...hks filters, exhaust, wheels etc.

It's not been on a dyno, but the output was calculated by Harvey at SCS using a boost monitor whilst wellying it down a d/c in Peterborough...probably not as accurate than a rolling road...but a LOT more fun!

Driving one of these is a totally different experience to the skyline, it goes like a wild mouse and they're great fun.

Ive recently upgraded the brakes on my Skyline so I've now got a set of original discs and calipers going spare...You don't suppose they'll fit on a Sunny do you?

John:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Sounds good John mate.

Give Mark at Abbey a call, he did a big brake conversion for the GTI-R using skyline calipers. I THINK they were GTS ones though. He'll be able to tell you more about it. I have a Hi-Spec conversion on mine (315mm discs with Wilwood 4-pots). Work VERY well. So, if the skyline ones won't go on, i'd certainly recommend that route (again, this was done by Mark for me).

Must be interesting jumping from the Skyline to the GTI-R and back again :D

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
637 Posts
Cheers Daz,

I'll probably call Mark to see if there are likely to any problems....such as Lesley's car doing a forward-flip at the first red light or anything..hehe.

Sure it's great fun and the driving position is excellent. It's like driving a go-kart on the road...very positive and reassuring feedback. For my money the Sunny/Pulsar is another great little classic. How many other cars of that size can boast near 270 bhp galloping on four legs?

...gonna try and post a piccy of my car, don't know if this will work though

John

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Watcha Jus',

Motor still runnin' well since you changed those leads ?

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah its running sweet Daz! Good bit of advice, the Magnecor leads look good as there red and go with my red theme engine bay!

Any chance you could maybe look up that number of that paint shop you recommend, was thinking of getting an estimate in the next few weeks.

Cheers mate.

Justin
www.gti-r.net

PS if only we could move all Yahoo group members onto a forum laid out like this!!!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I knew those leads would sort it...I've had Magnecor leads on mine for ages now, and they're wicked....Glad to hear it's running well.

I'll email you with that number directly....it's around here somewhere coz i gave it to someone else very recently....

Seeyou at Bolney mate.....oh, and with regards to the Grasshopper meet....we can meet up and cruise up in a mini-convoy (!!). Always a good time had at the skyline meets.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
There's a poll for the date dude. Once the date has been sorted then you'll just need to add your name to the list.....

By the way, bring a bucket to drool into....:D

Cheers,
Daz

1 - 20 of 26 Posts