GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

First of all i would like to inform you that i am a brand new member as of today....

I am the proud owner of a skyline R33 GTS 1995 in white, it has a set of Jap Work alloys 17x9 rear 17x7 front. It is kitted up and lowered and looks quite like a GTR.....

Its got a nice jap style stainless system not too loud but enough to turn heads with the bark!
I have now had my sky for around a year and driving it is more fun every day!

Are us GTS owners allowed to be on the GT-R register as i havent seen any yet!

I just thought id introduce myself being new on the internet

Neil

·
Registered
326 Posts
Neil,

There are quite a few GTS owners on here, a few non owners and future owners, and of course the GTI-R contingent, its open to all who appriciate the Skyline.

So welcome.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Neil,
Welcome to the fold, I was apprehensive about joining to only having a GTS, but I have been made welcome from day one, And I am sure you will enjoy these threads and find them very informative. Glad you are enjoying your car, after all a Skyline is still a Skyline what ever model you drive.

PaulP.:)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome Neil, Pull up a chair and sit yourself down...strap yourself in and enjoy the ride...

Er..not that one mate, somebody sitting there!

hehe:D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi Neil

Yeah there are a quite a few GTS peeps actually - well I know of about 8 so feel free to post.

Hmm there is a question which car has been imported the most GTS or GTR?

·
Registered
326 Posts
tony,

I would say GTS, i have certainly seen more of those than GTR's, earlier it was just the GTR but as the flood gates opened for the Greys, def. GTS.

·
Registered
865 Posts
All about cost and quality really and for the money the gts can work out pretty good compared to what u can get in the uk say for around 6k to 10k say.

Then again its always horses for courses really.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Wotcha Neil

Hiya Neil,

As the others have said, get in and enjoy the ride ! I have had my R33 GTS for 3 years now and still love it to bits every time I drive it !

Everyone on this board are top people, come along to one of the meets (Espically the Grasshopper on 4th may) and you will see what I mean !!!!

Enjoy your Skyline, I am sure you will love it just as much as we do !

Shaun :D

·
Registered
992 Posts
GTS

Enjoy mine everyday, Even though it's no tyre burner, It only cost me £600 and imported it myself. I wouldn't reccomend buying from the net, But I thought what have i got to loose!. Really chuffed with mine.

PaulP.

·
Registered
865 Posts
£600 mate thats a bargin, or is it 6k? Either way still a good price.

Where did u source yours from m8? (and don't say Japan, lol)

·
Registered
992 Posts
GTS

Rich,
I had just sold my Silvia for £650, and that was all I had, so browsed the net for a couple of weeks, and came across this one from a contact from a guy I know in the Scudding of the east(Skyline club in east Japan). He knew somone that had this GTS 4 door Non turbo 1989 Skyline in his garage for years. Only 62,000Klms. So I paid £600 for it and the same for shipping and VAT and duty, the good thing is that being over 10 years old no SVA test. It arrived in a terrible state as there had been a fire on board the ship, and had to be towed to Malaysia somewhere(It took 3 months to get here). It needed a few bits and pieces to get it through the MOT, but I am really happy with it, So I guess I was lucky.

PaulP.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Can't really go wrong for that much can u mate, whats £600 get u in this country, nothing great!

At least u got something different for that much. BARGIN!:smokin:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome

Neil,

Good to see somemore northerners on this forum.

BTW aren't you the guy that keeps on snapping wheels studs for fun ?

Gaz.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Welcome Niel

A Skyline's a Skyline:D So post away!

As you can see from the replies to your post, there are quite a few GTS owners on the board. Comwe to the Hopper on the 4th May and you'll get to meet a few of the usuals.

Had my GTS just under 2 years now (I think) and haven't looked back. Every time I get into her and boot it she brings a big chessy grin to my face (and as for the car....:eek: :D )

You had any mods done since you imported?

Best wishes,

Stu

·
Registered
905 Posts
Mines a baby...

Mines a little Baby Skyline and they let me in!!!

Hello and welcome from a new owner too!!!

Theres some cool people on here mate

Draxx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts