GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm new to all this so please be gentle. I am currently looking for a new motor and a Skyline has been top of my list for some time (along with a Vauxhall Monaro and an Evo something) I am looking for advice on what to get and what to look for. I have seen a few very nice R32s but I'm a wee bit put off by how old they are. Are they better than R33s or 34s or is it really down to personal taste? Is rust a problem or are all the imported machines pretty much rust free? I reckon I'll learn a lot about what to look for in a well looked after car from the experts.

Cheers,
John H.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish, tho I've seen a VERY nice R32 in blue at the Calder Motor Company which is very near me. For a shade under £14k

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
R32? R33? R34 it's all down to what you want and what you like. Make sure you look at a few before you buy and test drive them all! :) :) :D

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Booty-licious said:
Welcome to the register. Why not come to a few events, meet the owners and chat about the different models of Skylines.

Claire
:)
Like what she says!

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Well for monaro money your looking at a nice R33 GTR. Now if your talking VXR money you are then bordering on the lines of an R34 GTR ;)

But if it's the 32 your after then your looking at an extremely nice one!!!

oh, and if your woried about rust make sure the car has been undersealed and get under there and look in the usual places.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I must admit the Monaro is probably wishful thinking as it's just too much money to spend. There is such a huge variety of cars out there at wildly differing prices. do I pay a bit over the odds and get one from a dealership where at least I'll get a warranty. or do I go for a private sale from someone who has no doubt lavished time and effort on their beloved motor and looked after it? I'd guess buying from a member from this site would be a good idea as there would be no end of you knowledable people who could vouch for it as they will have seen it.

Choices choices...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts