GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. new on your site. thought i`d introduce myself before i post up anything,

my names Mark Harris, 28 from Hereford. corgi registered heating/plumbing engineer,
i`ve been a member on madzarotaryclub for 3 years, in that time i`ve owned 3 rx7`s ranging from standard to 450bhp single turbo wide arched model.

i sold the last one earlier this year to set up a business. which ,, touch wood is taking off nicely and hopefully gonna get another toy next year, not getting another rex, the lure of owing a chunky gtr is kicking in,

is there anyone here thats owned both the 32 and 34 gtr. im torn between the two for looks. which is a personal choice, but which one is the nicer car to drive, i`ll be wanting 450bhp.

thanks peeps:banned:

·
R35 Section manager
11,055 Posts
Hello and welcome mate. Never driven a 32 or a 34,so cant help there. Given the choice the 34 would suit me,but untill then Iv got my 33:chuckle:

In fact yes,ban yourself for not liking 33s.:eek: :)

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Hi Mark and welcome:wavey:
Quite a few members here have or have had both, so i'm sure they will kick in with their 2p's worth soon enough.
Depending on what sort of thing you are looking for (ie, retro looks with good power 32, or more modern looking with good power 34). I wish i had one of each to be honest, but i doubt that will ever happen. Looking after one is expensive enough for me.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Welcome.
Cannot comment on choice, only had a 32 myself.
Lots of helpful people on here though, so I'm sure the comments will come thru'.

·
6,821 Posts
Hi mate, nice introduction . . r34 or r32! the biggest difference there might be the price . . . are you planning to tune yourself?
I drove the three models over the years and I can tell you that each is worth owning.
Get an R34 if you have the budget (still more exclusive and you can hang around with the R34 elitists:chuckle: :chuckle: )

The R32 is in my view the brut climax of 80.technology. And therefore the perfect GTR for me . . . . debate:smokin:

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Hi there... welcome. have you a budget in mind because there is a financial "back hole" between owning a 32 & a 34. i know because i am in the middle (33) and its a nice place to be.

ps. my boilers on the blink,,, passing through Preston anytime soon perchance?:chuckle:

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have a R33, never owned a 32 (well not yet) never driven a 34 so can't comment. Have driven a R31 :bowdown1:

Claire
:)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
budget?

20k ish will be my budget, i guess that would buy me a totally mint 550hp r32. but a rough condition r34. am i right?

·
6,821 Posts
20k ish will be my budget, i guess that would buy me a totally mint 550hp r32. but a rough condition r34. am i right?
There are some sweet R32s with great mods out there, you not want to think about an R34 GTR in that price range . . . . an R34 GTT yes

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. I've got an R32 GTR and its fantastic!!. I cant say I've driven a 33 or 34 but for me personally i've ALWAYS wanted a 32 so never really considered anything else (Ok, there was a brief ) period when I fancied a 33 LOL).
Plenty to research on here mate. Some cracking modded 32's on sites such as GTcars or Scottsperformance to name a couple.

Scott
aka TT

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
I own an R32 but I've driven an R34....cant say there's much in it really, feel quite simular to me.

I'd say I prefer the R32 but that would be viewed as me being biased ;)

As people above have said, if your budget can stretch to it....then go for the holy grail, which is the R34 GTR :)

Mr Turboslippers.....you've 'aquired' your dads R34 loads lately, care to comment how it matches up to your R32 ? If you even remember what it feels like now :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts