GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first problem is the heater for some reason if I select 18 degrees but if I select 18.5 degrees or anything higher it is red hot.
The second problem is the throttle is not registering on the screen everything else is working fine.

I would be grateful if anyone can suggest a solution to either of these problems

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
You might need to perform a sel diagnostic test with the MFD to fix the throttle readout. Can you explain what actually appears on your screen in the single and combined views?

Dunno about the heater:confused:

·
Banned
349 Posts
The heater sounds like a sensor or matrix problem to me. In any case you won't fix it yourself so I'd recomend you take it to who ever services your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies

When I look at the screen I just get a flat green line instead of the it going up and down in time with the throttle.
I have only just got the car so I am not familiar with anything about Skylines, could you tell me what is the MFD.

Thanks DCD and jamie m

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
gt4t.....MFD is the Multi Function Dysplay unit on top of your dash. Sounds like it needs a reset. I'll have to dig the procedure out and I'll e-mail you the directions. Don't worry its nothing too complicated...its just a question of holding down a few bottons in sequence.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
MFD

DCD.

It would be good for you to post up the procedure on the resetting of the MFD for all of us to see , if possible!

Cheers

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
This is the translation of pages 6&7 of the MFD2 manual....the directions will work with a factory MFD too.
Maybe Joss can put them up in the technical page...

From Page -6-

The car should first of all be parked on a flat area.

(1)Turn the ignition key to "ON"
(2)Push the Joystick once. Do not step on the accelerator.
If the GTR logo does not appear after step (1) & (2) follow these directions:

Turn the engine off by putting the ignition key to "OFF" Doh!!
Press "RETURN" & "MODE" together
When the GTR logo appears release "RETURN" &"MODE"
Press the joystick 5 times in 3 seconds

(3)When the Accelerator box appears (like in the pic to the left) press the joystick
(4)Work the accelerator to confirm the sensor works properly. When off it should read 0% and when fully depressed 100%.
(5)Turn the engine off by putting the ign key to "OFF"

From Page -7-

(1)Ignition to OFF....continuing from step 5 on the other page
(2)Turn ignition to ON while pushing the joystick
(3)Release the Joystick 1 second after the GTR logo appears
(4)Then quickly press the joystick 5 times in 3 seconds while the GTR logo is still being displayed
(5)The diagnostic screen should appear with all the different parameters listed.
At this point the shift up indicator (the "REV" light) should be on
The self test should be completed when all the parameter boxes are green. If the green is not displayed there is a problem so check connections and for short circuits. If INT TEMP or EXH-TEMP do not light up drive around for a few moments to get a positive reading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts