GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have been asked to see what sort of muffler would R35 customers want if they had the chance to make, so naturally it will be titanium made.

What I would like to know is,

1)What diameter would people like? (street / race?)
2)how many tips, 1/2/4?
3)what Db?
4)How many pieces? 1/2/3 piece?
5) Nismo muffler style cooling fins good?

Also front pipe is an option.....please let me know, your thoughts are very much apprechiated

Rick

·
Registered
680 Posts
I would like to see -
Street (to marry up with my Miltek centre)
Standard looking 4 tailpipes
No resonators just straight pipes (i like them noisey)
All one piece

;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Surely a one piece system is not the best option should someone want to have the exhaust shipped to them. The size of the thing would make it very expensive to deliver.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies so far,

Indeed a one piece system is more money to send, and I would have thought a 3 piece would be needed to send by EMS.

the idea of a straight through muffler tho is very interesting and can be done, but how loud would that be, and would that cause problems on the circuit...probably?

Do you all care about that, or do you just want the most high flowing exhaust?

With that in mind, how about......
parallel muffler, 70mm down pipes which then extends to 2 x 80mm with no back boxes and finishing in 4 x 120mm tails? System can be made to be 3 piece...will do a few sketches

Sketches done.....

·
Registered
680 Posts
Good point about the thing needing to be in sections, did not think of the pricing.:chairshot

I am not too fussed about trackday noise levels, i still have my downpipe cats on so that should keep the noise down a little bit.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point about the thing needing to be in sections, did not think of the pricing.:chairshot

I am not too fussed about trackday noise levels, i still have my downpipe cats on so that should keep the noise down a little bit.
ok so naturally cost is a big factor, and post is a big part of that....so a 3 piece system (or 2 piece) if it fits in to the 300cm^3 box (150cm) max any length.

And a straight through muffler would be best (as far as I have checked, there is no straight through from what I can see made out of titanium)
Also the downpipes + Cat will muffle the sound.

A 3 piece would also allow for interchangable parts too (if we made them in the future) and we could also make a downpipe with no cats too for the person who wants a totally cat free system)

I will find out more, thanks for your input so far everybody:thumbsup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
i for one really like the mcr exhaust, looks great with the one big tailpipe with the flame burnt finish! wish i could afford it! marc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts