GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm in the process of putting my engine back together. I received a Nismo Oil Pump (not an N1, a Nismo) and it feels sometimes hard to turn by hand. I opened up the pump and had a look inside, the gears (inner and outer) have a clearance usually between .001-0.003" between them but theres some that slightly touch and rub each other. I was wondering if this is normal, they slightly touch so I'm guessing they'll just wear down probably within the first few minutes of driving but I was just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks,
Mitch

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I wouldn't expect there to be any tight spots but when new with the cover on a new pump will be firm to turn with your fingers.

If you have another crank thats out of a motor you could slide the pump over the nose and turn it to see if you can feel any tight spots.

Rob

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I wouldn't expect there to be any tight spots but when new with the cover on a new pump will be firm to turn with your fingers.

If you have another crank thats out of a motor you could slide the pump over the nose and turn it to see if you can feel any tight spots.

Rob
I tried putting it on another crank today, there is some tight spots but when the pump is on the crank those tight spots are very hard to notice. I feel a bit better knowing it turns pretty easy just still not sure if its supposed to be like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts