GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, picking up my GTR on Friday. its a 2012 Track Pack edition in Blue. It's had a Litchfield stage 2. The one thing I am still unsure of is the lack of a real noise. I have been researching exhausts. I cant work out what gives the best noise and has a nice shiny tailpipe finish. I don't like the carbon or black finishes. What would people recommend?

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Lots of people will now post telling you that they have a certain exhaust and it sounds great. Sadly all the answers will be entirely subjective and you'll be none the wiser.

There's also the question of acceptable volume which again only you can answer.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Lots of people will now post telling you that they have a certain exhaust and it sounds great. Sadly all the answers will be entirely subjective and you'll be none the wiser.

There's also the question of acceptable volume which again only you can answer.
+1 ^^^

Are you going to track it? if so, noise restrictions are becoming a pain in the ass also?
Your best bet is too attend a meet somewhere, see what other people are running and see what best suits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's going to be my daily commute (have currently racked up 45000 miles on my 1M) I just want car to sound really full on under acceleration, ideally with a switch I can open flaps etc... So when on a track keep them closed or on the motorway? My wifes RS3 has this and works really well.

I agree need to attend a meet and hear some.

Thanks for the words guys

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hi guys, picking up my GTR on Friday. its a 2012 Track Pack edition in Blue. It's had a Litchfield stage 2. The one thing I am still unsure of is the lack of a real noise. I have been researching exhausts. I cant work out what gives the best noise and has a nice shiny tailpipe finish. I don't like the carbon or black finishes. What would people recommend?
Can you post a pic of the tailpipe, Milltek do 2 types and some are louder than others.

Mine is slightly louder than another of my local customers, we both have a milltek but have different tail designs :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys just to say I'm astounded by the car (picked it up yesterday) having had E92 M3, c63, R8 etc this is another league!

I wondered heard online the JDM Password exhaust anyone got one?

·
Registered
540 Posts
If you like the JDM Paasword exhaust, get a Meister R system. It's made to the same design, but marine grade stainless and fits better, not requiring any trimming of the undertray that the JDM one does. It's also UK made.

Mart.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Akrapovic is quite reserved in terms of noise (a quick search will uncover its host of advantages in existing threads) and if N4BSE wants Password JDM like noise that means downpipes for that combination.

OP is already stage 2 implying Milltek full exhaust - MeisterR is a good recommendation in my opinion as it definitely has the soundtrack, is very good quality and won't require further supporting mod's like injectors, which I think downpipes may need with something like the Akrapovic - that was certainly my experience anyway.

Enjoy the new motor, how would you compare it with some of your previous cars?

Protegimus

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
If you're looking for a track car, but want noise, you could look at the SRD switchable exhaust.

Basically, get yourself a nice 102mm silenced exhaust for maximum flow/power and then SRD can fit a switchable flap in there to re-route around the resonators and give you more noise. A few members have them now, and they work well :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts