GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says i will be a proud new owner of my first GTR in approx 2 weeks times,after looking for a good few months.

As some of you know ive been after a white one owner MY12 or MY13car.After looking for months for a secong hand car,i managed to get an excellent deal on a brand new unregistered MY13 from lightcliffe Nissan.Dealt with Ian Kershaw over the phone today and gave him a deposit,which he informs me that this is the last brand new white MY13 in the UK.

Now i think its going to be a long 2 week wait.

Ive read alot of people complaining about the cobra tracker system,what would you peeps recommened??Will contact my insurance company as they never said they needed a tracker when i done the online quote.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I've just renewed mine again,, money well spent in my books.
If your subscription runs out, and you don't want clicking, get someone to pull it out,, simple,,

Regards Goldie

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Nothing wrong with the Cobra system while you are using it.

It's the annoying clicking afterwards.
As Goldie says, take it out.

Personally I prefer a different system because the problem with the Nissan/Cobra system is that will a little research ANYONE can find out where it's fitted due to the daft clicking when your subscription is out.
That's why I don't like it.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Could go for a lesser tracker (pricewise) than the Cobra and have an anti-hijack system installed as well, they're cheap and quite effective imo

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update,car is due in to the dealer tomorrow morning and fingers crossed i will be picking it up this weekend :)

Cant wait wait really getting excited now :chuckle:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok,pickup my new white MY13 yesterday from Lightcliffe in Halifax.Have some issues but they are in progress of being sorted.
Wow what a car,cant wait till its run in now.This is my first GT-R and first time ive driven one

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Ok,pickup my new white MY13 yesterday from Lightcliffe in Halifax.Have some issues but they are in progress of being sorted.
Wow what a car,cant wait till its run in now.This is my first GT-R and first time ive driven one
What are the issues?

Bobby

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are the issues?

Bobby
Got 10miles down the M62 about 15 miles from the dealer and a warning light came on saying TPMS malufunction return to dealer :eek:

Contacted dealer,wasent very helpfull at first,but they are sorting it out with my local dealer Monday.Was left sitting in a service station for about hour an half while the dealer tried to contact the master mechanic,me being 4hour drive away from home and my parents had gone.By now Misses getting really pissed off,then she let them have it down the phone LOL.

Should have more infor tomorrow

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It's not passed the 1200 mile optimisation yet?

Once you've done that it's ready to play. :)
Nope its brand new,32miles i think when i collected it,and the dealer 1st said drive it home and it should be ok to do when it has the optimisation service WTF,but would check monday morning with the master mechanic.

It was a very stressfull few hours till they started to see my point of view,mainly due to the misses letting the manager have it lol.Women are good for some things

Cant wait till the 1200 mile service lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts