GTR Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
Never heard of a tranny leaking oil like that.
there is a engine coolant connection to the transmission cooler it’s possible that hose connection could leak.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pleased to say the car is back on my drive and no longer trying to seal it with transmission fluid!

paul_k is on the right track here as one of the pipes that provides fluid to the transmission had become detached after a clip retaining it had come off.
No good explanation for that right now but I'm obviously relieved it wasn't something more serious.

Great service from Nissan in Aldershot who didn't get the car until early this afternoon as the RAC transporter showed up a little late.
Also most appreciative of the help from contributors to this thread.

Just hoping to enjoy the car trouble free now :)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Good to hear you got it sorted always found Nissan at Aldershot to ok with me.
Might see you around I work in Bracknell and live locally.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good to hear you got it sorted always found Nissan at Aldershot to ok with me.
Might see you around I work in Bracknell and live locally.
Hi Grouse

You won't miss my car given the Katsura Orange colour!
I'm most likely to be seen in the Shell garage next to KFC having a fight with the petrol pump :)
Seriously why so difficult to get the fuel to go in!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Hi Grouse

You won't miss my car given the Katsura Orange colour!
I'm most likely to be seen in the Shell garage next to KFC having a fight with the petrol pump :)
Seriously why so difficult to get the fuel to go in!
LOL yes won't miss you then, funnily enough saw a Katsura the other week so might have been you, I would have been in my brothers Seat Leon so you would not have seen me! I'm in an GM when I'm out and about.

Filling up, yes its an art form that takes practice, few threads on here about the best way to fill up, pull the fuel nozzle back out a bit and turn it to about quarter to on a clock that works for me whilst trying not to cover yourself in fuel!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Agree, just stick the pump nozzle fully home 😲 then pull out about 3/4 inch and you'll have no issues. Been asked only at the weekend by a fellow R35 owner along side me at the petrol pump how I managed to fill up without it clicking off all the time. Also on a hot day, let the pressure escape from the cap or you can get fuel spat at you.
Also don't be alarmed if you smell petrol on a hot day after a blast as the fumes vent out from the fuel cap.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Great to hear it was just coolant fluid and an easy fix.
Regarding filling up I never had any issue with my MY15.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Its definitely the later models for fuelling fun and games my MY13 was no problem, but MY17 the first time of fuelling up thought I would never get it filled!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Its definitely the later models for fuelling fun and games my MY13 was no problem, but MY17 the first time of fuelling up thought I would never get it filled!
Maybe somebody with an innovative streak - not me I'm afraid - could design something to slip onto the pump nozzle before inserting into the tank.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts