GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm collecting my 2011 GT-R on Saturday and I can't wait! When test driving it last night I noticed a couple of things.

On a constant brake pressure, approx 30% when I was changing down manually into a lower gear, where the revs would rise to approx 4-5k rpm, the smoothness of the engagement into the lower gear wasn't great. Is this normal? I know you can upgrade the software but I'm buying it for a NHPC and don't want to lose the warranty. Do re-learns exist?

The red leather on the edge of the drivers seat is a bit worn. I know this is quite common. Does anyone know of a way to rejuvinate this?

I'm in north London, buying from Mill Hill Nissan, so hopefully see some of you at a GT-R meet soon.

Cheers

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Yes a relearn is possible.

What mode was the gearbox in?

Sod the warranty, I assure you it will be gone in no time.

Where abouts do you live?

Happy to meet up - I'm mill hill based.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I've found that when braking quite mildly (i.e. not pushing on) that it's better to change down a gear at lower revs for smoothness (~2k revs unless changing into 2nd when it tends to be just above 1k revs). I could probably do a re-learn to sort it but when I'm pushing on there's no issue so I'm not too fussed tbh.

Maybe give it a try and see if this helps or else, brake harder :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the advice. Will ask the garage to do a relearn. I don't have a clue what mode I was in, was enjoying the power too much!!

Adam, I live in Palmers Green so only a few miles away, it would be great to catchup and see your car at some point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts