GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of searching I now have a black My11 and enjoying every minute! What a machine!! I have some questions:

1 - Can the mirrors automatically fold when the car is alarmed? Or do I need one of them kits?

2 - It is now out of Nissan Warranty a few weeks ago - I have noticed

- Some condensation in one headlight
- Some paint bubbling on the wheels
- and one bubble near the wing mirror

Whats the best way to proceed, my own cost? Is it worth talking to Nissan from anyone's experience?

3 - The breaks sqeak like mad alcons/ferdos I think will have to double check

Thanks

BAL

·
Ooo Matron !
2,162 Posts
1. No they don't. Poor or what ?

2. Don't know.

3. So do mine. I took it back to Nissan under warranty and they were not interested.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
1. No, yes it's odd (My Fiesta's mirrors do!)
You need the module for sale on here.

2. Ask Nissan about a goodwill gesture/contribution. Otherwise it's your problem.

3. Which pads? DS2500 squeal a little if you don't do many hard stops, DS3000 just squeal a lot.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i got to any nissan?? or is it best to call their customer service

will have to look through paper work

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a case open with nissan now see what happens

Another question

Is not possible to open the boot when the engine is running from the key fob when parked up? When I tried there was no response from insured or outside of the car

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts

Another question

Is not possible to open the boot when the engine is running from the key fob when parked up? When I tried there was no response from insured or outside of the car
Sounds f^*ked!!!!

SCRAP IT!!! :eek:

·
Registered
101 Posts
The headlight codensation is a 5year waranty cover Nissan do as good will as far as I've heard.

Along with the headunit on 09 cars are covered for 5years aswell.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Another question

Same with my black 2011, only noticed it a few days ago, frustrating! Presumed it was a safety feature.

The mirrors not folding annoys me as well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same with my black 2011, only noticed it a few days ago, frustrating! Presumed it was a safety feature.

The mirrors not folding annoys me as well.
yeah thought so, was thinking I may have missed a hidden button or something

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
As it's a hands-free key I think it's to stop the button being pressed in your pocket and then the boot popping open while you are sitting at lights or driving about.

One half decent stop and you'd bend the hinges so the boot would no longer close.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some advise please:

So I raised these with Nissan - and it ended up in the directors office apparently, so they were initially provided photos of the wheels, headlight and, the paint bubble.

At first being very helpful understanding etc and explained we will get this sorted and would likely need to got to a dealer.

They then asked for my service history to be sent to them scanned it and sent it ( all nissan and litchfields)

Then on Monday called and said that he does not have an answer for me as the people he needs to speak to are not in and that he would call me Tuesday - no call, email. Calls today and says that they cannot do anything because I did not purchase the car from within their network? and cannot do anything because I purchased it privately???

he suggested that I can get in contact with motorcodes?

Bearing in mind this is roughly 4 weeks out of the 3 year warranty?

He basically said as its been purchased privately he has decided that nothing can be done?? He wasnt really listening to what I had to say and says he cant comment on other cases and there is no one else to talk to??

Paint warranty is 5 years right?
headlights 5?

What do I do?

·
Registered
540 Posts
If I were you I would invest £250 and get your solicitor on the case. That's terrible considering the car is 4 weeks out of a 3 year warranty

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Bal,

My car is 3 months out of warrant right now and I have the headlight condensation issue!!!

I was planning on calling them to put in a claim - but is there any point???

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bal,

My car is 3 months out of warrant right now and I have the headlight condensation issue!!!

I was planning on calling them to put in a claim - but is there any point???
I would! For a car like this I just don't expect these things!

And all the different results people are getting? There seems to be no criteria they are looking at seems they just pick at holes on individual cases?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts