GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New R35 GTR owner as of a week ago so have been consuming everything ever written or recorded about the cars for the last few weeks! It’s a 4.25* CBA Black Edition car finished in Titanium which seems to be a fairly rare colour. My car history is largely BMWs (E46 M3’s & E91 335i’s), a CLS55 AMG, and S14 200sx’s back in the day so the performance is next level for me.

Anyway’s, had a few questions that I was hoping somebody could answer

• Interference noise on the audio system even when volume set to zero (sounds like an untuned radio station) - search function suggests the CBA audio system isn’t great/reliable. Moving the audio balance F to R or L to R has no effect. Interference noise isn’t present all the time, more intermittent and seems to not be present when cold. Can these units be fixed or could there be a simple fix? I don’t think it’s the BOSE amp based on what I’ve read but let me know
  • T-REX unit – if the above is knackered/unfixable does this make the most sense as a replacement? Or DBA retrofit at best part of £2k it seems?
  • Mod history & latest maps – car appears to be stage 4.25* ish. This is based on Y pipe, Catless DP’s, intakes, 4 switchable maps on the wheel, speed density kit, and it targeting 1.25-1.3bar ish in the midrange by the looks of things. I need to check injectors but suspicion is 1050cc ASNU. I say appears as the mod paperwork is lacking at the mo. I’ve been able to confirm today Evotune tuned the car in 2017. So I’m guessing that would be Ecutek v5 or v6? Opinions on how much safer, “better” the latest V8.1 maps would be? Worth the outlay? I’ve just bought a Ecutek ProECU dongle, is that going to help me ascertain whats been done historically?
  • Speed density in general – doesn’t seem to be that common at this mod level but could be mistaken?
  • Aftermarket springs – is something like Eibach considered an improvement or worse than factory? I guess potentially softer than CBA OEM?

Cheers

Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went 4.25 with the speed density kit, it allows you to run your blow off valves at full vent to atmosphere, which give a loud swish when you let off the accelerator.

Are you still running the standard recirc valves or have they been upgraded? (The circles on the upper intake pipes)

I have just bought Tein lowering springs and will be fitted next week.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
The interference hissing is probably your music system on its way out. Contact Andy at R35 Audio, he's a trader on here, for your options. He can sell you manufacturer rebuilt units or the T Rex unit as he is a distributor for that also.

I wouldn't bother changing springs but uprated roll bars are a significant improvement in handling and are not that expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts