GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

new owner here .... and loving it. Picked up my Black Edition satnav 59 plate with around 1800 miles on the clock about 2 weeks ago and can't get the smile off my face. It is a Kuro car, but has been matt black wrapped - one of two cars apparently bought and wrapped by Jensen Button, but his manager couldn't get on with it (too loud) and so it was sold pretty quick.

Anyhow I'm still slowly wading through the stodgy user manual .... and can't figure out what the port inside the armrest is actually for .... it isn't shaped like a USB ... looks more like a firewire port to me ..... does anyone know what it is for?

thanks in advance
Dave R (hairyaardvark)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Are you sure it's not a USB port? Mine is, and I really can't think that Nissan would have developed 2 different interfaces to achieve the same thing.

In any case, you can plug in your iPod, iPhone, MP3 player, or even a memory stick to play music and movies. Very neat if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Are you sure it's not a USB port? Mine is, and I really can't think that Nissan would have developed 2 different interfaces to achieve the same thing..
It will more likely be a mini usb port, which is similar to to the smaller type firewire port... which is probably where the confusion lies :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep - think this must be a mini-USB ... sorry for creating confusion peeps. It has a rounded edge which got me all confused......

too many gadgets to fiddle with in this car :) :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
So what's the conclusion - do the new sat nav cars come with mini-usb instead of standard size usb?

I'm picking up my Black Edition on Monday and bought a USB stick for some music. I don't think you can get mini-usb storage sticks so do people buy mini-usb to standard usb adaptors for their memory sticks?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts