GTR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
R35 Section manager
10,752 Posts
So a bit of an update, I popped into a Nissan HPC on my day off and they managed to get some time to look into it.
Technician said he couldn't find any fault codes regarding the transmission and said it's normal for the car to hang in 3rd when the car is stone cold.

So after this, and also reading some of the comments on here I noticed the car changes to 4th after about 1.5miles from cold.
Yes as above that sounds normal. Like I said above mine always sat in 3rd from cold

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The trouble with Nissan is they do like to talk shit at you as if you are an imbecile.

However, when you say "Once you stop and put it into N or M, and then back to A the car shifts as normal all the way to 6th.", what happens if you just flick it into M whilst driving ? Can you then just change all the way to 6th ?

You could just drive it in M when cold and once warmed up, pop it back into A if you prefer driving it an Auto.
Lol, yep, I always take what a dealership says with a pinch of salt, which is why I prefer to come on here for advice.

Yes in manual the gears change all the way up to 6th.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have noticed the same when cold only shifting up to 3rd for the first mile or so then using 4th for a bit longer and then normal service is resumed.

·
Super Moderator
15,577 Posts
It just doesn't sound right to me, my car will happily shift through all the gears from cold. It doesn't 'hold' a gear at all.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I wonder if its MY or gearbox software dependent? I've a 2010 running stock gearbox map and it definitely doesn't hold 3rd up to 40mph when cold. It slips into 4th just round about 30, 5th at 37/38 and 6th at just after 40/41....

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
I think mine holds it longer in 3rd when cold, CBA with 2013 software

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Strange how many are experiencing different outcomes.
But I have been observing mine for the past few weeks, and it holds on 3rd until after 1.5miles then it changes as normal.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Checked this today in mine...stayed in 3rd until 35mph, then 4th until 40? By then I’d gone about 1mile and it went straight through 5 and into 6 at 45. My20 TE completely standard and being run in.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts