GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I am the new owner of a White GTR 2010:) on 26k, Stage 4 Miltek Alcon Brakes, Full service History at Lichfield, all mods done there too,

Really like the car wish I had got one sooner to be honest,

I have a few questions about the car,

The car has had a Litchfield under tray full bolt kit, can anyone explain what this is?

I have slight slight rattle that sometimes happens on idle if i raise the revs a little and let off sounds like a bracket or something is vibrating, Its had its bell housing replaced at Lichfields before is it possible this can still make a noise? or can it go again? Also when on the move sometimes get a noise that sounds like a washer tapping on a screw that it not done up a feint noise which does not happen all the time,

Sometimes if I pull off slowly in 1st or reverse I get a slight grind/scrape noise which goes away straight away once on the move? is this normal?
The gear box is silky smooth and is perfect,

When the car is first starting there are a series of clicks is this the immobilizer?

I put my foot down properly today on a open stretch of road to see, the car kind of wanted to snake and the traction control light came on a few times, I have now turned the boost down and its fine, it was on full! does this happen to other people, almost like it was loosing traction when the turbos kicked in,

Great car though, absolutely love it:)

cheers

·
Registered
522 Posts
The undertray kit is just the bolts replaced stainless ones as the oe ones rust.

All sounds pretty normal and nothing to worry about. Bellhousings always make a bit of noise,if it is shagged you WILL know about it!

Tapping noise could be front caliper pins or rear pads rattling.

Has the car had a later gearbox software update? When mine had this done it made the sound you describe when pulling off.

The GTR makes all kinds of noises and understandably you will worry but soon get used to it. All the things you describe seem perfectly normal.

It will trigger the tc as you say even in the dry. Try putting the tc in R mode next time and you will feel a bit of wheelspin then it will just grip and go without killing the power. This will also make the car come alive as it is too tame with the tc on.....just be carefull in the wet!

Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
They all rattle, I took a 14 plate car out the other day and the transmission makes all sorts of weird and wonderful noises... Standard buddy.

For such a technological car it sounds very mechanical if that makes sense.

No warning lights, no error codes, then all is good in the world, go out and kick its head in :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Glad to hear you bought it! Basically as everyone else has said it does make some strange noises. Nothing to worry about. As for getting the power down in high boost it depends on what the road conditions are like and what setting you have the TC in. I find when mines in R mode on full boost it can struggle a tad to get the power down depending on road conditions. You probably have the Ecutek software which I think comes with a revised TC settings, I don't have this but I'm sure some of the other guys who have it will be able to tell you the differences!

Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy it!

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Yes, they do rattle alot. Lots of mechanical sounds. That's what you get when a car is built to a budget.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies:)
You know what its like when you get something new paranoid at every noise,

I'm very pleased with it, I got it from Rs Direct who were very patient with me, and helpful. They had another two very nice examples in so it was nice to make some comparisons,

So the slight groan/grind when from reverse or 1st when pulling off without any throttle is normal? it disappears as soon as the throttle is applied.

I have a full miltek which consists of
Milltek Nissan GT-R secondary CAT bypass ***8216;Y***8217; pipe
Milltek Nissan GT-R secondary CAT bypass non resonated assembly
Milltek Nissan GT-R CAT back link pipe
Milltek Nissan GT-R CAT back rear silencer assembly
To be fair im surprised how quiet the system is, until on boost then there is a nice but not too loud noise, having come from a RS4 with full miltek non resonated system with 100 cell cats which to be honest seemed alot louder, is there anything I can change on this to give it a little more grunt/noise without making it too loud and keeping the nice quiet noise around town off boost etc,

Is there anywhere to read about, setting the car up? I am in map 99 as I use the "shell v power" fuel, and have turned the boost down to just over half way as it was struggling to grip with it up higher and the tc light kept coming on, and dipping the power. the three buttons on the dash I have not touched, the ones that can go into R mode?

Also does anyone know how I can get music into the music box?

Sorry for all the questions, there will probably alot more:)
cheers.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
So a R8 wasnt built on a budget. YOU ARE WRONG
My car was brand new, Not second hand. went back numerous times for rattles Engine noise's,
Brakes screeching.
Glove box fell off, lock broken.
Various rattles all over,
Audi took the car back and offered to build me a new one, when i ordered the new car in yellow, After about 2 weeks i was asked to go it to the headoffice, Audi wouldnt build me a Yellow car incase i backed it as the quality is shocking.
Ive worked alone side Audi for 20 years, so you cant be telling me about how good a Audi is against a Nissan.
The R8 Has A1 buttons ahd dials. Sat nav is so out dated its unbelievable.
Ant the whole car is based around the Gallardo;

Flynn why dont you just jump the fence and stop winding people up;
And making every listing about you,
The Super car listing, you made that ..look at me willy waving again,
Mate jump the fence, you bought 2 Gtrs as far as im aware,
MATE your boring and childish , Every post is a wind up.
Be good when you leave school and grow up.
im not going to comment when you start coming back with your childish comments,
Ill say good Bye Now.

Goldie

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
My car was brand new, Not second hand. went back numerous times for rattles Engine noise's,
Brakes screeching.
Audi took the car back and offered to build me a new one, when i ordered the new car in yellow, After about 2 weeks i was asked to go it to the headoffice, Audi wouldnt build me a Yellow car incase i backed it as the quality is shocking.
Ive worked alone side Audi for 20 years, so you cant be telling me about how good a Audi is against a Nissan.

Ill say good Bye Now.

Goldie
Ive had three GTR's thankyou ;). The latest one I had was brand new. Bell housing rattled came on after 50 miles. Interior started rattling after 2000 miles.

The fact is, they are built to a budget. The 09 cars were 54k. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it is true. Porsche owners wouldn't put up with the rattle can noises, but they have to pay double for the equivalent performance.

Ill put it down to you having a bad morning, that why you've jumped on the defensive so quickly.

I mentioned nothing of Audi. You are arguing with yourself.

.....and less of the insults please. I didn't call you old and incontinent

Unclench.....(or clench if you have a weak pelvic floor ...old age does that to you)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Brakes screeching.

Ill say good Bye Now.

Goldie
I have had most high performance Audi's except the R8, I agree they are not the top-dog on some things, BMW tech is way better along with gearboxes / engines IMO, but there paint work is not.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have had most high performance Audi's except the R8, I agree they are not the top-dog on some things, BMW tech is way better along with gearboxes / engines IMO, but there paint work is not.
The paint used on both cars are in fact the same make,, just different application and cars with different shapes the paint application looks smoother.
Nissan micras back in the 90s had a brilliant shape for the paint to flow.
Audi over the last 5 years have lost the plot.. Profit in front of quality.
The first R8 V10 engines were going Bang,, I know of at least 3 that had new engines put in,
Ive worked withAudi for so many years and we fell out over the R8 V10.
I got a full refund £113,000. it was the second to worse car ive ever purchased,

Sorry to the original thread for going off topic,

The GTR is built as good as any other super car on the Market, and by far better than Audi,

There are various noises all round the GTR thats what make it what it is,
Drive the car for a month or so, in the mean time go to a local meet and jump in some one else's for a spin.
Im sure all you worries are nothing to loose sleep over.
Enjoy the car and welcome to the club,

Goldie

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
The paint used on both cars are in fact the same make,, just different application and cars with different shapes the paint application looks smoother.
Nissan micras back in the 90s had a brilliant shape for the paint to flow.
Audi over the last 5 years have lost the plot.. Profit in front of quality.
The first R8 V10 engines were going Bang,, I know of at least 3 that had new engines put in,
Ive worked withAudi for so many years and we fell out over the R8 V10.
I got a full refund £113,000. it was the second to worse car ive ever purchased,

The GTR is built as good as any other super car on the Market, and by far better than Audi,

Drive the car for a month or so, in the mean time go to a local meet and jump in some one else's for a spin.

Goldie
The only person to mention Audi was you. When did I mention anything about Audi.

I said the GTR was built to a budget. IT IS. Its a cheap car.

What the hell are you on about? Hilarious.

Ive not even attempted to wind someone up, and theyre flying of the handle already. :chuckle:

I don't own Audi. I just own an R8, and will probably selling it shortly anyway, so attacking Audi doesn't bother me in the slightest. Its like you are trying to get at me, because Ive bought a particular brand of car, and you call me childish. HAHAHAHAHHAHA.

My football team is better than your football team. My dad is bigger than your dad... etc..etc.... Jesus :rolleyes:

My R8 is basically brand new. Only 2000 miles on it. Its faultless.

The new F Type V8 I had was awful, so I understand about having a bad experience from a manufacturer

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Goldie[/QUOTE]

cheers:)

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Isn't every car built to a budget?
That's business
Thanks for the business lesson Brad.

My point was the GTR was 54k new. They were built with a limited budget, hence all the mechanical rattles and interior squeeks. Its the nature of the car, again, not a bad thing, just an observation.

Some people take it personally, like they own Nissan, if I make honest observations.

Ive owned three. They all rattled, even the brand new one

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Flynn,,

Yes i piss all over the place all of the time. If that make you happy.
Go on R8 Chat , then you can see what other owner think of them,
Rattles,cars breaking down, 2 courtisy R8 i was given broke down,
Brake are shocking,
trim and seats squeaking,

Back on the GTR,, Because this is a GTR FORUM, Not FLYNN look at me,

Fantastic car, Value for money,Kills all cars in its class.
Has noises that make the car what it is,

Goldie

1 - 20 of 37 Posts