GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
And I think most of those came in later years. I first considered one in Oct 2018 but didnt order for two years and took delivery May 2021.

·
Super Moderator
16,311 Posts
Adam (sidepipe on here) has the first an MY17 in the Country near enough and I had (almost) the last at a recent event, Papa Smurf also had one so we estimated we had 10% of all of them in the UK on the club stand LOL.

Reactions: JMacca1975

·
Registered
604 Posts
Adam (sidepipe on here) has the first an MY17 in the Country near enough and I had (almost) the last at a recent event, Papa Smurf also had one so we estimated we had 10% of all of them in the UK on the club stand LOL.
My old Track Edition was registered on 1 Sept 2017 by the GM at Glyn Hopkins in London. He had OB11 WAN on the car. Is the one of the early MY17 cars ?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have tracked mine once or twice, and absolutely loved it…however, bearing in mind their scarcity, and the cost of consumables…I have been considering wrapping her in blankets and only using her for special occasions…thinking of an M4 for every day use and track days, but keeping it standard - as they seem to be able to cope with lap after lap at Oulton without any of the cooling issues of the big Nissan🤷🏻‍♂️😳

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have tracked mine once or twice, and absolutely loved it…however, bearing in mind their scarcity, and the cost of consumables…I have been considering wrapping her in blankets and only using her for special occasions…thinking of an M4 for every day use and track days, but keeping it standard - as they seem to be able to cope with lap after lap at Oulton without any of the cooling issues of the big Nissan🤷🏻‍♂️😳
I did 6 track days in my TE over two years. I already had a spare set of CBA alloys which massively reduced the tyre cost and the Alcons and Pagids seemed to last much better than stock. I did destroy 5th gear at Donington which was a shame although the car had plenty of hard use and was running a 4.25 tune.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Tbh Besty, what was frustrating me at Oulton was that every time I felt like I was starting to put consistent fast(for me) laps together, I had to pit and let the trans cool down? Mine has sd sensor, RF y pipe, 1050cc injectors and Ecutek v8. My mate in his M2 can literally lap until his tyres melt…so that’s why I’m thinking an M car and leaving the engine stock?🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
604 Posts
Tbh Besty, what was frustrating me at Oulton was that every time I felt like I was starting to put consistent fast(for me) laps together, I had to pit and let the trans cool down? Mine has sd sensor, RF y pipe, 1050cc injectors and Ecutek v8. My mate in his M2 can literally lap until his tyres melt…so that’s why I’m thinking an M car and leaving the engine stock?🤷🏻‍♂️
I've done Oulton, Snetterton, Brands and Cadwell in my TE. However, I only go in the colder months as this helps to keep the temperatures down and reduces damage to the tyres and helps with the brake fade. I only do 15-20 mins max per run which also helps. Last time I went in the summer the temps went nuts after 2-3 laps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts