GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello was wondering if anyone has any advice have an r33 gtr with standard Brembo brakes was wondering what are the best pads to use have tried EBC and not been impressed any help would be much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I've just fitted Yellowstuff; will know what they're like in a hundred miles or so after bedding in. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply would be interested to know how you get on with yellowstuff eg do they work ok cold and any noise from them once again many thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
EBC Redstuff

I put in EBC redstuff all round about 2 months ago along with new fluid (Motul 660) braided lines and a brake stopper.
I have to say that I'm that impressed with the EBC, I was expecting the brakes to feel really sharp and to the point. But they don't, they are alot better than before but just not what I was hoping for.
Just to note, they don't squeal or put out much brake dust.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
ANY GTR owner "should" suggest Ferodo DS2500 pads!

stay well clear of red stuff & yellow stuff at all costs IMO!!

i have heard all sorts of horror stories about the above falling apart, coming away from the backing etc

·
Registered
271 Posts
I put in EBC redstuff all round about 2 months ago along with new fluid (Motul 660) braided lines and a brake stopper.
I have to say that I'm that impressed with the EBC, I was expecting the brakes to feel really sharp and to the point. But they don't, they are alot better than before but just not what I was hoping for.
Just to note, they don't squeal or put out much brake dust.
Yeah that should have said "I'm NOT that impressed" typo:shy:

EBC red stuff don't seem that good. Plus I'm off the Nurburg soon, so think I need to change them soon.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've been using Yellowstuff all round for two years now and have had no issues with them at all. In fact, I really rate them (fast road only).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys guys think I am going to try the Ferodo DS2500 as I have only heard good things will post how i get on with these. Once again thanks for all replys all help appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts