• Denno, Ill wait and see?!

Votes: 4 7.8%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car insurance, "Pay As You Drive"™ by Norwich Union UK

Hi people, as a young driver with a performance car, I agreed to do a survey with my insurance company.

Its pay as you drive and from my experiance it basicly sucked!

BUT it may benifit you people more then it did me.

There is off peak and peak charges and yes you have satalite equipment installed in your car so they probley know when you speed.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
It all seems a bit neo-nazi to me and therefore I voted 'No'. Good idea with the poll, maybe send the results to NU as well.

Stuart (ex- Brentwood resident :) )

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all seems a bit neo-nazi to me and therefore I voted 'No'. Good idea with the poll, maybe send the results to NU as well.

Stuart (ex- Brentwood resident :) )
Thank you for voting, I will forward the post to them,

Off topic, red R33 by any chance?
I am also brentwood resident.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Best avoided! NU tell you your average speed with each monthly bill. There is every likelihood of 'function creep' on a grand scale

'What speed were you driving when you claim the other car pulled out in front of you? We couldn't possibly pay out because you were speeding at the time'

There is also a rather unhealthy connection between Norwich Union, their owners Aviva, the RAC, who fit the trackers and New Labour.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its funny, the box bleeps when your near a camera or speed trap, still dont trust it though but these satalite uplink boxes are said to make there way into everycar!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ive voted no, not because it would cost more, but I would not want big brother watching over me.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Its funny, the box bleeps when your near a camera or speed trap, still dont trust it though but these satalite uplink boxes are said to make there way into everycar!
Those bloody things aren't getting anywhere near my car. I voted No if you haven't guessed! :D

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
How do they tell when someone else who has their own insurance drives it?
(like a garage etc :runaway: )

I voted no anyway.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've been fitting these for Norwich Union and Royal Bank of Scotland. Because they're aimed at younger drivers, they're mainly fitted to chav mobi es. Customers seem to be quite happy with them for now !

·
Registered
368 Posts
Big Brothers watching

I couldnt get it fitted on skyline even if i wanted one. Whats to stop em using it as a means of checking your speed? ill put it on the wifes Pug. that way she'll never get lost:chuckle:

·
Registered
365 Posts
i voted no, never, will anyone ever know exactly where i am and how fast im doing it lol.

also, they dont insure modded cars...:chuckle:

·
Registered
107 Posts
my dad has this type of insurance on his modified Corvette Z06. he mostly drives it on weekends and trips down to the states and stuff. he saves a lot of cash but its done through a private broker.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
These schemes are always marketed as a way of saving you money, but think about the position you're putting yourself in having a tracking device in your car.

No chance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts