1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Two new Prima products that are now available from SP :cool:

Prima Amigo Polymer Glaze 473ml - RRP £12.99
A Unique polymer based glaze. It fills light surface imperfections while prepping the paint for the application of a synthetic wax / sealant. Amigo leaves a glossy, slick finish which is especially stunning on darker paints, yet works very well on any colour. Prima Amigo offers the properties of a fine glaze without impeding the bond of a synthetic wax / sealant. With Prima Amigo, you can fill it then seal it.
Amigo contains no silicones or waxes and is dust free.

Prima Epic Synthetic Sealant 473ml - RRP £15.99
Prima Epic is the highly-anticipated sealant addition to the Prima Family. It is a long-lasting synthetic wax with a brilliant wet-look shine. The combination of resins and polymers creates a barrier which protects against UV and environmental damage. The super-slick finish is extremely dust resistant. Prima Epic can be layered for extra slickness and protection. Epic is non-dusting as well as easy on, easy off.
Prima Epic is a custom formula made to Detailers Paradise specifications. The result is a bright, wet gloss with fantastic slickness. In order to get greater durability, we reduced the amount of emulsifier. As a result some separation in the bottle will occur. This is normal. Prior to use, a good shaking is necessary. We felt the added durability was worth a little shaking. In the end, you will have a stunning wet-look shine with Epic durability.

Usual GTROC discount applies: 10% by cheque or 6.5% by Paypal. Cheque payment details are on the website. Paypal address is [email protected]
(don't forget the underscore between 'serious' and 'performance'.

Any questions feel free to call me, pm or e-mail me at [email protected].

Cheers! :cool:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple of pics I took using Amigo and Epic a couple of weeks ago to show reflections:

Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
:)

Sort me out, dude ...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Why you taking pics of the sky and your front wall????

you suppose to be taking pics of the car no???pmsl

Jeez that car has some shine.
That reminds me i still got to come round and get some bits of you.

Tony

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tony - Good to catch up last night :smokin:

Steve - for a sealant it finishes quite deep, not quite P21S or Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax deep..... More clear and glossy. Works very well on pearls and mets as a sealant will generally finish clearer than a wax meaning the flake will 'pop' more when the light gets it.
You can still use a wax over it though to add extra depth if you wanted... Alot of people do this but, I personally like the look a sealant gives on it's own.

Cheers.
Alex.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
How do you apply it? how much work is involved to get it like that?

Also do I need to purchase both to get that look? applying one first, then the other one after??

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi Christian,

As long as the paintwork is in generally good nick (and from the pics I've seen, yours is), then it isn't to difficult to get a great finish out of these products.
They are both VERY easy to use and can be used in the sun with no probs.
You don't have to have both products, the glaze is a wipe on, wipe off product... Apply to one or two panels, then remove with a good quality cloth. It just helps hide any little marks and adds to the shine before applying the sealant (synthetic wax). The Sealant can be applied to the whole car, allowed to cure for 20 mins to an hour, then remove, or can be applied panel by panel and then removed (the latter if using in sun or hot panels).

You don't need to use the glaze everytime you wax but, theres no abrasives in it, so you can use it as little, or as often as you wish. You can also use any wax or sealant over the Amigo....or any product under the sealant. You don't have to use the two together, and they can be used with whatever products you already have.

Let me know if you have anymore questions :).

Cheers.

P.S. We are awaiting new stock of the glaze, which should be here between Monday and Wednesday next week.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd say 10 - 15 from the glaze and around double that from the Sealant (you use the sealant more sparingly as it spreads alot further).

Cloths wise, the best all round ones without going astranomical are Poorboy's Deluxe Mega Towels @ £4.39 each, or 3 for £11.99 (before discount). Very soft and have silk border edges so as not to mark the paint.
Thread here: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=55399
(It's the coral coloured towels with the gold edging).

Hope that helps :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts