GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New product release, Garage Whifbitz 4 inch titanium exhaust system for the Nissan R35 GTR.

This is a complete exhaust from the downpipes back, it includes the y-pipe, mid section and rear exhaust section too. It is designed to be used with the standard tailpipes so you can either use your original tailpipes or with the optional titanium tailpipes we sell.

The Garage Whifbitz 4 inch; titanium R35 GTR exhaust will flow well over a 1000bhp, so far it has been tested to 1200bhp without causing any restrictions. There are 2 options available, with an extra silencer in the y-pipe that will reduce the noise levels.

Made from titanium this exhaust is super lightweight with significant weight savings over your standard exhaust or aftermarket stainless steel version. Weighing in at 12.53kg including the y-pipe there is a huge saving over the standard or stainless steel aftermarket exhausts.

Benefits include:

• Free flowing design improves power, torque and response over the factory fitted exhaust.

• Titanium being lighter than steel gives your car a better power to weight ratio helping to improve straight line performance and cornering ability.

• Titanium is stronger than steel but lighter so we are able to build an exhaust that takes abuse better than its steel counterparts but with significant weight savings over your typical factory fitted and aftermarket steel exhaust systems.

• Titanium is highly resistant to corrosion, unlike stainless steel exhaust units which may rust or decay over a period of time so long life is guaranteed.

Available to purchase on our website here Garage Whifbitz R35 GTR 4" Titanium Exhaust - Exhaust and Downpipes - GTR - NISSAN - Garage Whifbitz

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Great price for a Ti exhaust.

One thing though Paul, Titanium is not stronger than steel, it just has a higher strength to weight ratio. Equally it is heavier than aluminium.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ti

ti
has different grades like ally or durall and much better at dissipating heat ...and much nicer looking as well....!!:wavey: by the way the zuast looks great
(can i have a massive discount)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
That welding looks ugly. Is this the finished exhaust or a sample pic from a development exhaust?

X2..
All that welding instead of a flowing bent exhaust must be bad for gasflow,
and how do they clean up the welds internally.

Sorry not for me

Goldie

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
X2..

Sorry not for me

Goldie
That's how all of our titanium exhausts are made, we have a GTR running 1200bhp with this exhaust in the USA and my Supra made 1336bhp running one of our 4" titanium exhausts too, not really effecting flow too much.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
That's how all of our titanium exhausts are made, we have a GTR running 1200bhp with this exhaust in the USA and my Supra made 1336bhp running one of our 4" titanium exhausts too, not really effecting flow too much.
How do you know they wouldn't have made 1300bhp and 1500bhp with smooth bends?

I take your point, just playing devil's advocate.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
X2..

Sorry not for me

Goldie

I actually like the pie slice effect, it looks like a "works exhaust"

As for the welds on the inside, the pipe will have been purged with gas during welding and it will be smooth on the inside, the same process is done in various industries like food and beverage where a super smooth joint is required so no flow disturbance can occur and dirt can not collect in the joint.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Thats great but we NEED a calibrated DB reading at 5000rpm at 1M away. without that we risk spending a lot of money and not being allowed on track days.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Also I will need the actual weight of the entire system. The price is great and I am in the market to change my Akropovic very shortly.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It definately won't be suitable for track use, we haven't sold any silenced y-pipe titanium systems yet so we haven't been able to test the noise on that yet.

Weight wise it is mentioned in the first post, 12.5kg for the full system.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts