GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Thought I'd introduce myself, new to the forum. Used to have an R33 GTST, but sold it 10 years ago to buy a house

Been looking at them again for a while, as always regretted selling the R33.

Saw a completion to win an R32 GTR last week, and took a punt on it, not normally one to enter completions, and first time I've ever paid to enter one. But happy days, I now own a midnight purple car!!!! Hoping to get my hands on it this week, I'm still in shock that I won it 馃お
Does anybody on the forum know the car? Was imported to the UK in 2018. Supposed to be running 400bhp, but not sure of full spec, or when the car was painted, as I don't think the R32 came in this colour.
22-IMG_8173-100x100.jpg

Registered
Very nice... I was tempted to buy a ticket for that car too!!! Congrats on the win... certainly a good return on the ticket price.
To be honest I've never seen the car before it was up for raffle.
Would be a good idea to get the car on a rolling road with a tuner and make sure it's running at safe levels (from memory it's 400 on low boost settings) make sure there is enough fuel etc.
Can always find a bit more about the car by putting the chassis number into a search on carvx.jp but that will only give you info on there equivelant of hpi
Enjoy the car you jammy sod!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still in shock that I won it!
I'm wondering if it comes with a Dyno print out, for them to quote power on low boost.

It has a wide band, and can see in a photo an additional gauge. I'm guessing keep a close eye on that until such time as getting it checked by somebody in the know.
I think a friend of mine who is a BMW nut might have enough gear to give it a general check with wide band and a virtual Dyno type thing.
My main concern at present is ensuring it doesn't go bang, and give the car a good going over to ensure all is in good order.

Anybody know of any tuners in Scotland? I used a fellow in Wishaw when I had the r33, but that was a long time ago.

Registered
You're in Scotland!!! Where abouts?
I'm located in Glasgow bit would highly recommend a trip through to Perth to see RA motorsport... top guys and really know what they are doing.
You are the 2nd scot I know of to win a 32 with 7day... b45trd maybe I should have bought a ticket lol

Registered
..did a bloody double take when I saw the pics....looks just like mine, same year too..
Congrats on the win, you lucky bugger.(y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
You're in Scotland!!! Where abouts?
I'm located in Glasgow bit would highly recommend a trip through to Perth to see RA motorsport... top guys and really know what they are doing.
You are the 2nd scot I know of to win a 32 with 7day... b45trd maybe I should have bought a ticket lol

Aye, live up in the western isles. Car should be getting delivered to Glasgow by the end of the week. Might speak to these guys, see what I can arrange.
When I spoke to the fellow, he said this is the 3rd skyline in a row the have sent to Scotland!

Registered
Aye, live up in the western isles. Car should be getting delivered to Glasgow by the end of the week. Might speak to these guys, see what I can arrange.
When I spoke to the fellow, he said this is the 3rd skyline in a row the have sent to Scotland!
If you want the car to get a quick check over before you drive contact these guys

DUST Powder & Paint - Home

Really friendly and trustworthy... they organise a lot of car meets and events... I went to college with the owner... ask for furry

Registered
That's great news - another owner in Scotland. I got mine dynoed by Dave Cormack at SOS motorsport in Falkirk as I'm only a few miles from him. Really good knowledgeable guy.
I'd also endorse Andy Napier at RA in Perth

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Well, so far so good. I got the car early hours of Wednesday morning, the fellow I booked through Shipley.co.uk was really good. Good trailer, and was very knowlable and care full with car. He picked car up in Norwich, at tea time on Tuesday night, and phoned me to check if I'd be available early hour to receive the car, which worked out ideal for me.

So far, only looked at it in the dark, but from what I can see, it looks very tidy on the outside, and inside just needs couple of minor bits of trim replaced, which is nothing.

Was out in the car for an hour, it sounds great, and no nasty or untoward noises, and seems to pull nicely from what I managed to do with it.

Main issues that I need to look at, firstly some decent bulbs in headlights, as the lights are comparable to the sealed beam units on an old mini I had! Couldn't see a thing!!! Secondly is the ride, car is very very hard on the road.

It has new BC coilovers, set very low, with stretched tyres on the wheels. I'm hoping I can improve the ride by dropping pressures a little, raising ride height slightly and reducing damping. If all that fails, I'm hoping a softer spring rate or possible different size tyres, which would probably mean new rims. I hope that won't be the case, as the car looks good with the Rota wheels that are on it.

Premium Member
Congrats on the win. Always worthwhile getting the car checked over, particularly the tune. Find a reputable tuner who knows these cars and ask them to check the map / get it on a dyno.

Registered
Well, so far so good. I got the car early hours of Wednesday morning, the fellow I booked through Shipley.co.uk was really good. Good trailer, and was very knowlable and care full with car. He picked car up in Norwich, at tea time on Tuesday night, and phoned me to check if I'd be available early hour to receive the car, which worked out ideal for me.

So far, only looked at it in the dark, but from what I can see, it looks very tidy on the outside, and inside just needs couple of minor bits of trim replaced, which is nothing.

Was out in the car for an hour, it sounds great, and no nasty or untoward noises, and seems to pull nicely from what I managed to do with it.

Main issues that I need to look at, firstly some decent bulbs in headlights, as the lights are comparable to the sealed beam units on an old mini I had! Couldn't see a thing!!! Secondly is the ride, car is very very hard on the road.

It has new BC coilovers, set very low, with stretched tyres on the wheels. I'm hoping I can improve the ride by dropping pressures a little, raising ride height slightly and reducing damping. If all that fails, I'm hoping a softer spring rate or possible different size tyres, which would probably mean new rims. I hope that won't be the case, as the car looks good with the Rota wheels that are on it.
Get some pics up for us all then!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Get some pics up for us all then!!!

I'll get some pics up once I get it home, and give it a good clean. Probably be next weekend though, as I'm working away from home just now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on the win. Always worthwhile getting the car checked over, particularly the tune. Find a reputable tuner who knows these cars and ask them to check the map / get it on a dyno.
I'm going to get in touch with RA Motorsport to see what they say. Hopefully will be able to work something out to get it checked on the Dyno before I take the car home. If not I'll need to plan a trip away to do this at some point soon.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Had a good blast in it today.

Softened the damping to 10 clicks from softest setting, and made a massive difference on the BC coil overs.

Loving it 馃榿 and pulls nicely, although seems to be a lot of turbo lag. All I know about turbos it they are Exedy Hybrid, and HKS electronic boost controller.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
IMG_20200127_142436.jpg

Finally got my new car home a few days ago. I'm over the moon with it. Bodywork is imaculate, couple of small things needed for interior and visually it will be sorted.

Rear suspension needs a bit of tightening up, thing some bushes and hicas tie rod has a lotting play, also a little play in the bearings I think. There is way too much caster angle, so possibly some adjustable arms. Think the problem with caster angle is due to car being very low.

Put it on rolling road at RA Motorsport for a quick check. It put out 470bhp at 13.5 psi, but is overfueling. Turned boost down to 11psi for time being, until I get an ECU to map it properly, and still making about 425bhp.

Now to start planning what to do first 馃槃

Registered
View attachment 258337
Finally got my new car home a few days ago. I'm over the moon with it. Bodywork is imaculate, couple of small things needed for interior and visually it will be sorted.

Rear suspension needs a bit of tightening up, thing some bushes and hicas tie rod has a lotting play, also a little play in the bearings I think. There is way too much caster angle, so possibly some adjustable arms. Think the problem with caster angle is due to car being very low.

Put it on rolling road at RA Motorsport for a quick check. It put out 470bhp at 13.5 psi, but is overfueling. Turned boost down to 11psi for time being, until I get an ECU to map it properly, and still making about 425bhp.

Now to start planning what to do first
Congrats pal... I'm sure you're gona love every minute of your ownership!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts