1 - 20 of 20 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

went to the Gaydon meeting on Sunday. -- great day

picked my R32 on Tuesday !!!

looking forward to seeing everybody again.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
New R32

What's the spec......not that it matters too much. Like blitz says, every time you press the loud pedal a smile will come to your face.:)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
completely std. even down to exhaust & air box.

lots of history, bill of sale, japanese service history,
nz mot's & uk mot's !!! (61k kilometers on the clock)

taking it to Abbey tomorrow to get them to cast
their expert eyes over it.

enjoying it already !! :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Oh dear, oh dear. Did you buy the car from York ? A gunmetal grey one ?

I was going to go and see it at the weekend but didn't have the time, ah well, he who hesitates etc. etc. From what I can remember it sounded like an absolute minter.

Looks like it's back to the Japanese auctions for me.

Enjoy.

Talat.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it was the one from York.

Abbey seemed to think it pretty good.

recomended some new rear bushes..

and about 420 bhp !!!!!

best I start saving.:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
r32 bits

Dave,

I have a collection of new and used r32 bits, particulary air filter and exhaust, that will come in handy in you quest for 420bhp. Please email me ([email protected]) if you are intereted.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
178 Posts
H'RRAAAAYYYYY!!! - Another R32 member..

If you go for the upgrades, can I have your old airbox and ducting please, please, please,?

Congratulations,

Dave

·
Registered
530 Posts
R32 Mania!!!!!!!

DaveR, did you come to Gaydon in a GTiR????
If you did I've got the Blue R32 - I think we spoke at length. if you want any info I'd be happy to help, email me with your details. Yoe are not a million miles from me, you live in Rickmansworth don't you?
My car is at Abbey at the moment...a little unexpectedly.....It died on me last W/E....had to be stretchered off!!...suspected fuel pump I think......should get verdict wednesday.....depending on cost I'll either get the downpipes done or not
DaveC...another R32 !!!!!!!! you mention something about an original air box...I've got one if you want it.....email me
TTFN
wroestar:smokin:

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Stretchered Off

What were the symptoms of car dying. Did it play up first or was it ok one minute and not the next? Mine is occasionally losing power still off boost (the cure is boot it!). Abbey think it might be the lambda sensor. I checked the ecu and it gave code 55 (no fault found) but they say that it only diagnoses when the fault occurs for more than four seconds and mine does not. I am having a service soon so I will get the fuel filter changed and maybe the plugs.
The oil leak was down to a boot below the gear knob. Abbey are sending me a new one to put on. I wil hopefully meet up with Mark at the end of the month so he can have a look at the car.
Hope yours is back with you soon. ;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
R32 in A&E

Dave,
I'll find out today hopefully......
Interesting what you say about the lambda sensors...are these the two air sensors next to the filters?
If they are then they have already been changed......and as a result made the car run alot better.
I think its more to do with the fuel delivery. Before the RAC ambulance came on saterday (1 hour 20 mins after they promised!!!), I cranked her over many times. Normally this would lead to very strong smell of petrol in the engine bay......but this time nothing??? Anyway I'll wait with antisipation to see what Doctor's Tony & Mark come up with. Maybe a fuel pump transplant, but I hope not a furring of the arteries!!!
wroestar :confused: :confused: but still :smokin:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Lanbda Sensors?

Wroestar,
I think the thing that you are refering to as 'lambda sensors' that are next to your air filters and Abbey changed for you, are in fact your MAF units. (Mass Air Flow meters). Used to measure air quantity so that the correct amount of fuel can be added. I think thats where your problems were before.:)

Well I hope she gets well soon and the diagnostics arn't that serious.;)

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Air flow meters

Hi Scott & Wroestar. The air flow meters were Abbeys first choice. They said that they were prone to failing and give a code 54 error on the ecu (but mine did not). It still might be them though.
The lambda sensor normal sits in the exhaust and senses the exhaust emissions. Never seen it on a skyline though (yet).

·
Registered
530 Posts
Cardiac arrest?

Just spoke to Dr Tony Re the problem posted above........aparently there is no spark!!!! is it the amplifier I asked.......no he said........so why did I not smell any fuel on cranking the engine repeatedly, I asked.............cos the injectors arn't firing either he said!!!! ooohhhahhhh the plot thickens, it looks like I've got a "flat liner", better call the 'crash' team.......stand back.....kurchunk.......is there a spark yet Doctor?
worried wroestar:( :( :(

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
A & E.

Wroestar,
Very sorry to hear of your news. So your currently sitting in A&E, fortunatly not sitting besides a llife support machine I hope? :(

Don't worry old buddy, she'll pull through. You know she has such a strong urge to live.

She'll be up and racing around in no time, you'll see, ask Dr.Tony. :)

Well I'll have my donor card ready. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hi everybody,

yes 'wroestar' I was the black GTiR driver at Gaydon.
( sorry to hear about your r32 )

we had a good chat, if I remember you're based in Ealing.

I am currently working in Greenford, it would be great to meet up if you fancy it.

Chuffed to nuts with my 'R', gave a 911 a real shock this
morning !!!!!:smokin:

DaveR

·
Registered
547 Posts
phone numers

careful about giving personal details out in the open forum .. anyone can be a guest and read the posts.

FYI: There is a private messageing function in the site to swap stuff like that.

cheers

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
poorly R32

Keep us posted wroestar (it beats watching casualty). Let us know what mileage (km age) the parts had done that failed.
Why don't you start a new thread and let DaveR have his back.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts