GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys :wavey:, i bought s2gtrs ztune kitted r34 gtr that was in the for sale section

ive bin after a gtr a while and am very happy with the one i got,great forum too bin joined it a while

i have some questions that would be great if i could get some help

what is the co2 rating for these cars, im in ireland and have to register the car, im being charged the highest rate of emmissions unless i can prove what the co2 rating is

also what do i need to get a key,is it a main dealer job? the car only came with one, are the gtr keys discontinued? even if i could get one cut that dosent have the transponder it would be great , theres no code stamped on the key

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
what ecu does it have? mulitple maps? If so get another map put in with a super low C02 and then retest it.

Im in dispute over my 34 gtr at the moment with DVLA. They have stuck it in the highest tax band as they class it as a 2007 car as thats when it was imported. ????

But they have given it a S-reg plate even tho its a 99 car. So they have given it a plate older than the car (1st pee take) and then taxed it on a 2007 c02 reading ( 2nd pee take)

They have asked me to get a model report with the c02 on it and then they will change the tax band. But one dont exsist. So im going down the route of having mine retested with a super low c02 for all future r34gtr's that come to the u.k.

·
Registered
525 Posts
get intouch with nissan japan get them to put it in writting what year the car is via VIN number that should sort one of the problems out.

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
what ecu does it have? mulitple maps? If so get another map put in with a super low C02 and then retest it.

Im in dispute over my 34 gtr at the moment with DVLA. They have stuck it in the highest tax band as they class it as a 2007 car as thats when it was imported. ????

But they have given it a S-reg plate even tho its a 99 car. So they have given it a plate older than the car (1st pee take) and then taxed it on a 2007 c02 reading ( 2nd pee take)

They have asked me to get a model report with the c02 on it and then they will change the tax band. But one dont exsist. So im going down the route of having mine retested with a super low c02 for all future r34gtr's that come to the u.k.
I would be very interested in the outcome of your dispute with the DVLA as my GTR is a 99, imported in 2006 and they have done the same to me and I have not challenged it as I did not realise that was possible.

Jeff.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
matty, jeff there is also alot of this going on on the integra dc5 forum, some pay £180 a year some paying £400! Its a joke

3,665 Posts
what is the co2 rating for these cars, im in ireland and have to register the car, im being charged the highest rate of emmissions unless i can prove what the co2 rating is
It is not just a std Co2 test to establish the emission levels , the emission test for the SVA that the 34 needed before the SVA was changed was a proper emission check starting from cold , going throu different drive procedures, they collect the gas and measure the gas content. Sure if you ask someone that has had the extended SVA test on a 34 they will be able to help you out. Think Hugh Keir had 2 cars extended SVA tested.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
matty, jeff there is also alot of this going on on the integra dc5 forum, some pay £180 a year some paying £400! Its a joke
Yes, I am in the £400+ class.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got the car registered today, i think i need an official document from nissan to prove what rating it is, i didnt do too bad though , i think they charge for modifications and extras, the guy didnt even inspect it so im happy enough
theres a lot of stuff on the car

that key looks good dave, is there anywhere i can get the code so it can be cut?, the nissan dealer here dosent want to help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts