GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a member on here for a couple months but haven't posted much. I'm from London.
Currently have an 200sx s14a but expecting a new car next week.

It's an R34 GTR, a fresh import from japan. From what i know it's quite a rare(ish) colour.
It's got front end damage so will need a bit of work. Don't know that much about the engine and tuning them but in time I'll learn more about them. Can't wait to get it and get started on it!

Can't upload pics just yet as I need more posts!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thanks I commented on it a bit earlier today to see how progress is coming along as they haven't updated the thread in a few months

Also spoke to my local nissan place and they said they can't get the LX0 paint. Anyone know where I can get it from or just try a different nissan dealer?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Paint

Hi mate
Interesting project you there, any good paint supplier should be able to mix and supply most automotive colours. Nissan can unfortunately be very unhelpful at times. You should be able to get the slam panel from the dealers and try the breakers on here I wouldn't be surprised if the GTT panel is the same.
Best of luck and let's see some pics!

Sulaman

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I'm getting it on Monday hopefully so I'll see exactly what I'll need. I've managed to get a genuine bonnet and bumper already for cheap. I've sourced some fresh looking xenon headlights. Hopefully the slam panel will be able to be straightened as it doesn't look too bad from the pics. I've heard that the paint can't be mixed by any body shop as it's got some sort of additive to give it the pearly effect! I'll get some pics up soon! :D

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Look an easy fix, but remember reading that the paint is ridiculously expensive, something like £3K to get enough to paint a whole car!!

Try a few bodyshops to see if they can get it made up for you

Good luck.

Some info I found on the net:-

"For the R34, there were two.

One is a purple with a bluish tinge that you can see at certain angles with the sun.
LV4 - Midnight Purple II
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

This one is a purple with a greenish and bluish tinge you can see at certain angles with the sun
LX0 - Midnight Purple III
http://i49.photobucket.com/alb...2.jpg"

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look an easy fix, but remember reading that the paint is ridiculously expensive, something like £3K to get enough to paint a whole car!!

Try a few bodyshops to see if they can get it made up for you

Good luck.

Some info I found on the net:-

"For the R34, there were two.

One is a purple with a bluish tinge that you can see at certain angles with the sun.

LV4 - Midnight Purple II

ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting

This one is a purple with a greenish and bluish tinge you can see at certain angles with the sun

LX0 - Midnight Purple III

http://i49.photobucket.com/alb...2.jpg"

Appreciate that, I've managed to get a picture of the chassis plate and the code is definitely LX0

Tried my local nissan but they said they don't have it. Think the guy on the phone was just a bit lazy and couldn't be bothered to try and find it. I'll try another dealer and maybe a couple of body shops if unsuccessful

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I looked at doing something similar years back on an R34 GTR, would you mind pm'ing me the rough price for this please?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Looks stunning and a lovely colour to.... Hope all goes well with the rebuild mate... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not good so far. On the way to the docks with the pick up truck and there's a problem with his truck so stuck atm. Need to try and arrange another truck now :/

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Didn't manage to sort out a recovery truck as it was such late notice so will have to wait till tomorrow morning. One more day :(

1 - 20 of 177 Posts