GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And yes steve they're Bridgestone RE070's

some may not agree but I love these tyres in all conditions.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
You may not have if you had been driving through France and Germany in early May this year :runaway:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Am looking at purchasing these tires too because I don't fancy the idea of changing to none run flats. My GT-R is a second car so the only time I would get caught out in the rain is if am on a road trip.

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
They took ages to arrive, you were talking about new tyres at Goodwood!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be fair, ive had no issues with them and I drove them all through the winter too.
wet weather grip is fine even when you are giving it the beans...... just not as many beans as you would give it in the dry.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a set of dunlops to finish off first mate. They are nearly done now so the Bridgestones will be back on shortly.

·
Registered
286 Posts
To be fair, ive had no issues with them and I drove them all through the winter too.
wet weather grip is fine even when you are giving it the beans...... just not as many beans as you would give it in the dry.
That's me sold! I don't give it the beans in the rain anyway it's just too risky

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just put a set of mpss on last week. Impressed so far. Car is much smoother and queiter as well. Grip seems good in the dry...not tried wet.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just put a set of mpss on last week. Impressed so far. Car is much smoother and queiter as well. Grip seems good in the dry...not tried wet.
High speed cornering is my only concern over the non run flat.
can the the tyre walls cope with the weight of the car and the way it changes direction....??

For me its the fear of the unknown no matter how many people recommend mpss

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
High speed cornering is my only concern over the non run flat.
can the the tyre walls cope with the weight of the car and the way it changes direction....??

For me its the fear of the unknown no matter how many people recommend mpss
before your first corner on the run flats they were unknown!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Going to the ring next week so I'll report back my findings although I'm no race driver.

Impressed so far though....and half the price is a bonus as well.
Time will tell when they start bedding in.

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
before your first corner on the run flats they were unknown!

Not really as they had been test driven by Nissan! Steve will explain this for people that fail to understand:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Not really as they had been test driven by Nissan! Steve will explain this for people that fail to understand:chuckle:
only on the ring, never on British roads

1 - 20 of 24 Posts