GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY!

Cem and his enslaved minions have enacted an automated 50 post rule for the creation and reply to threads in the For sale sections.

Anyone seem to be bumping thier post count to circumvent this rule will be banned.

As always, post count is no indication of trustworthiness, but hopefully it will tidy the board up a bit.
Secondly, New users can still use the PM facility, so if you recieve a PM and decide to deal with a new user, Admin will not assist you in any way whatsoever should things go wrong.

Buy safe

Mook

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
introduced some new automated rules

New users with less than 15 posts can not post links, nor PM.

Users with under 50 posts cannot post new threads in the for sale or wanted sections, but can PM and reply to existing threads.

This should cut down on some of the spam, and keep the newbie for sale threads in check

However, as with all updates, if anyone spots any clitches, please make a member of the admin team aware, and more importantly, if you see people covertly selling in threads, please report the posts

there is also a no tolerance policy on people selling in the wrong section. Post will be deleted without notification.

That is all

;)

mook

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just tested it and it "should" eliminate a lot of the "ipod" stlye spam we get too.

good times

mook

·
6,817 Posts
Cound you tell Blowy and his minions, that they should programm an automated bank transfer for every further post , members with above 6000post count, do.
Like 1 more post = 10pounds

I mean we are all part of the business aren`t we???:D;)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
It's all a bit biased.

Less than 10 posts and you can only blabber on

Less than 50 posts and you can't sell

What about those of us with gerzillions of posts?
Surely we should have some rewards and benefits? Our name in neon lights perhaps? A special commemorative photoshop montage kindly provided by GTRLux? The rights to post up (anonymously) the three people on here we would most like to slap around the head (repeatedly)? The rights to change up to 10% of what Ben Linney writes without him being able to change it back? We get to moderate the moderators for one day per year? Ahhh the list is endless :D

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
John special deal for people with more than 20,000 posts

Whenever they post anything about driving their skyline everyone has to read it.

sorry couldnt resist

·
6,817 Posts
It's all a bit biased.

Less than 10 posts and you can only blabber on

Less than 50 posts and you can't sell

What about those of us with gerzillions of posts?
Surely we should have some rewards and benefits? Our name in neon lights perhaps? A special commemorative photoshop montage kindly provided by GTRLux? The rights to post up (anonymously) the three people on here we would most like to slap around the head (repeatedly)? The rights to change up to 10% of what Ben Linney writes without him being able to change it back? We get to moderate the moderators for one day per year? Ahhh the list is endless :D
There speaks the man,
I would like to be paid to post on here (like 10 pounds for one post, which equals anyway to 0,0000000000000000000001% of blowdogs earnings for one months google ads.) Then I`d like to have all inferior posters/members posting exactly what I want to see when I decide to click the link to the GTR forum on the top bar of my firefox browser (which by the way has a nice Penguins standing in the antartic background freezing -skin).
Other then that proceed!!:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This needs a serious bump!! In fact I'm making it sticky

Read it people

Mook

1 - 20 of 25 Posts