GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Stagea

Hi Stu

Yeah saw a few when was in Tokyo/Fuji last month. Look a bit Volvo'ish from the rear but all the same niceish vehicle for the transportation of family/dogs/shopping etc.,

glen

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roof rack

Glen,

All it needs now is a roof rack:D . Might get one for my car while I'm at it....

Totally agree about it looking like a Volvo, not too sure I like it. I'm sure it'll grow on me though;)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Also

I wonder if they are going to put a 'hot' engine in it as well ?? Shame if they don't :( .

glen

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to Nissan...

Engine:

New VQ25DET engine for high power and torque output
In addition to the direct-injection NEO Di VQ30DD and VQ25DD engines renowned for their impressive power, quick throttle response and low fuel consumption, the engine selection includes the newly developed NEO VQ25DET engine. This new engine generates maximum power of 206 kW (280 PS)/6400 rpm and maximum torque of 407 N-m (41.5 kg-m)/3200 rpm. Together with a high-flow, high-efficiency turbocharger and a large intercooler with a urethane tank, the VQ25DET engine provides a sense of overwhelming acceleration and produces one of the highest torque levels in the intermediate speed range of any 2.5-liter class engine. These qualities enable the Stagea to deliver ample dynamic performance worthy of an L-class touring wagon.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Hold It

Did you write that Stu or copy it :D . Very technical.

It's just that quoted 286ps isn't really that brilliant against the RB26. Yeah it's producing good torque, and lower in the rev range, but to release nearly 400 bhp easily like the RB26 can may be harder/more expensive to achieve from the VQ lump. Are the high capacity I/C and 'High Flow Turbo' fitted already ? Hopefully not as their won't be anywhere else to go with the engine for a mediumish tune will their.

Only time will tell I suppose. Interesting though.

glen.

ps. I do hate the 'produces one of the highest torque levels in the intermediate speed range of any 2.5-liter class engine' drivel as it seems to be such a small point to have to make.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Straight from the horses mouth!

Glen,

You caught me out there:D . All that 'drivel' was straight from the horses mouth i.e. I copied it from the promotional gumph. Bit flowery aint it!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Torque

Glen,
youve obviously got used to the lack of it:D he:D he
Sorry mate just could not resist it I thought having as much as you can is a very good plus for the sales of stagea cars
Gary
GT-ART.CO.UK
THE FUTURETIVE:D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Torque

What makes you think I ain't got enough torque, cheeky. I've got just the right amount. Anymore and I'd be being greedy :D .

But on a serious note, if I did have a lot more I couldn't use it to any greater potential than I use the car now really.

I reckon I've sussed it now. Torque is for lazy people who don't want to change down a gear. In fact they may as well get an automatic box and an abundance of cup holders. Oooooh that'll be the new GTR then :D .

glen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts