GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
The kit is the first 4 gears with a billet mainshaft, fifth remains standard, custom ratios for optimal drag performance (dont know specifics), especially with a 4.44final drive as i had on my car, dog cut gears but with synchros (so you can do clutchless shifts if you want).Rated for 1300bhp.
I have the synchros for sale too, for 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th.
I'm looking for £3.5k for the gear kit, as it is brand new, the synchros arent included in the price, but if anyone is interested seriously we can sort something out. I want £400 for the synchros separately.
I also have the broken gearbox which has a nismo short shift kit if anybody is interested in that too, and basically put the whole gearbox together and have it ready.
The stuff is all in cyprus as that is where i live most of the time, i will cover shipping for the gearkit within the EU.
If anyone wants everything, i'm willing to let it all go for £3800, and i will split shipping.
PM me with email addresses for pictures

James H

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody?
i really have no use for this kit as i have another racing box on the car, and it's got to go...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still got this available? nobody interested?
willing to let it the gearkit and synchros go for £3200, paid close to £5k for all this stuff about 6 months ago

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump... ive got this sitting in a box, and even less use for it now that i have somehow ended up with an R34 6speed in my hands

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
James, you are struggling for a sale as the ppg kit has a poor reputation here. It might be 'rated' at 1300BHP but most would consider ITHO 600 is more like the real world limit.

DaveG

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
well a price for both and a price for just the synchros, feel free to post it in the thread im just curious. As mentioned they havent got the best reputation but i wouldnt be putting 1000hp through them anyway! If you have that kind of power you would be stupid to just uprate a gearset!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The reason i said i believe it's ppg is because its a matter of contention.
My ex mechanic brought them for me, and at the time i ordered them, i thought i was getting ppg, but he told me they were something else, and then refused to tell me what they were.
So i'm between them being ppg or par, though i am starting to lean towards par, if you've got any knowledge of gearkits, drop me a pm with your email and i'll send you some pics.
I get that ppg has got a bad rep on here, there is word all over the place of their gearkits breaking with alot less power than they are rated for.

As for your reply drew, i'm still looking for £400 for the synchro's as they are brand new and in the boxes. I'll let both go for £2800. If you are interested pm me and even that could be debateable.
The gearkit is fully treated and with custom ratios. I'd love to put it in my car, but in the amount of time it took for the gearkit to come, i got sick of waiting and bought a used os giken gearbox, and i've recently ended up with an R34 box too. All for a car that is currently in storage cause im out of the country for quite a while :(

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I hope you take this the right way, but the thread title is confusing and incorrect. It's either a dog gear kit, or a synchro gear kit. It can't be both. From what I see you are selling a synchro gear kit that has straight cut gear teeth? People outside of the race transmission world tend to call things dog gears when they aren't.

Anyway, these syncros, are the stock Nissan parts, and what exactly have you got? A few decen photos and part numbers would help. I am about to rebuild an RB25 DET manual box and I know it will need synchro rings and other bits. Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No offence taken and i did get told that by someone else not long after putting the post up. It is indeed a synchro kit with straight cut teeth.

They are stock Nissan for the R33 GTR gearbox, all the parts, synchro hubs, etc for 1-2 and 3-4 gears.
I am currently in america and the parts are in cyprus so i cant give you all the part numbers, PM with an email though, and i'd more than happily send you some pics of all the parts.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
PM sent as well, but my e-mail address is [email protected] Would like to see just what new stock bits you have please? I know Nissan changed (upgraded) some service parts so you have to buy more than the synchros nowadays, to use them. I can check that out over here though. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts