GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, . . .

I just wanted to ask some questions in regards to the GTR Skyline. I have already spoken to MotoRex as to importing an R-33 GTR over here and it seems to be dueable. ( price is high but I guess u gotta pay if u wanna play :) )

Anyway, can u guys tell me what are the some of the general problems with the GTR's and how dependable are they ?
I currently drive a highly moddified Toyota Supra ( http://65.108.8.47/nemkiv/members/rosario/rosario.htm ) of which is For-Sale as of right now.

Is the AWD System strong ? At what whp does it start to show problems ? How dependanble and strong is the 2.6 engine in the GTR ? My Supra at 550rwhp @ 20 lbs of boost is very reliable, is the Skyline pretty much the same ?

Guys I know these are newbie questions, but if you can, please answer some of them.

Thanx for ur time
Irving Rosario

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Firstly welcome to the board.

The Supra is a lot cheaper to get to the level of tune you have.

what are your 0-60 1/4 mile etc.. times ?

The way the power goes down in a skyline means you don't always need that much power to make good times.

The top end on your car will be higher than a Skyline of the same power as it is such a slippery shape.

If you want 700+ bhp @ the flywheel it will cost you a lot of money. I have never heard of people breaking rear diffs but the gearbox is a known weak point. above 600 on hard driving it wont last long.

There are not many cars in the UK with over 500 BHP @the wheels, so it is a bit of an unkown quantity here. The guys on the skylinesdownunder site may be in a better position to answer fully.

how long it lasts will depend on how well you build it, which parts you use and a bit of luck.

With the really fast drag cars the time between rebuilds is measured in minutes !!

hope this helps in some way.

/Steve

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Nice Supra

and welcome to the world of Skylines :smokin: .

Pretty sure you'll get all the info you require here. Mind you MotoRex know their stuff so you'll be in good hands your side of the pond ;) :) .

See Ya.

glen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts