GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andy Brown told me to come here so its his fault :p:p

Anyway im Jay i own a R33GTST Spec2 (used to be a ford man that owned a cossie for years ) and i love the gtst to bits ! I love working on cars i try to do most things ,at the mo im building a engine as i plan to do a lot of track day's in it next year and i also map so have a apexi power fc and fc datalogit . At the mo it has 18x9 bbs rep's and cusco coilovers ebc disc's and mintex 1166 pads , engine has just spitfires front mount /oil cooler/ect heres a few pics

when i first got it back in march

fitted all the frount mount and oil cooler and had a rsp stage one map and did this to the turbo 4 days later :eek::eek:

so on went a rsp hybrid turbo plus a few gadgets with the power fc

then the 18's

i work with grp and carbon and being older that a teenager now :bawling: i dont do all the big bumpers ect so i set about a suttle mod to the front

there we go thats my life so far with skyline ownership :clap:

Im into all car's tho love tuning modding ect 1 a self confessed petrol head lol and thats part the reason why im here as Andy said this site is very good for techy and i love that ,learning and passing on knowledge of what ive already learned

Cheers Jay

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not a one off mate erm i think there a universal spoiler give them a ring ask for greg or john and im sure they will help mate

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh it needs camber/toe arms i have lock out to fit , dnt know if the brakes are up to it might try a gtr set or go for a ap 354mm 6 pot but the wallet says gtr pmsl 1 and its my daily so its guna be a bolt in cage but would love a point to point weld in cage

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I suppose if its a daily you dont want to be stripping out the interior and go down the weight saving route? The ecr33 make good track cars if set up right, your going to have yourself one hell of a time!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suppose if its a daily you dont want to be stripping out the interior and go down the weight saving route? The ecr33 make good track cars if set up right, your going to have yourself one hell of a time!
i hope so mate and its not a race car so not to fussed on wieght and ill corner wieght to balance it as much as poss , i also have another set of 18's with slicks for the crack and like you say a good setup will make it good

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thankyou Matt i love it and that coming from a person who owns the machinery you do its nice as ive been told by a few whats the matter couldnt you afford a gtr PMSL

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice car, I had the same model for a few years, great daily driver but lively back end!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice car, I had the same model for a few years, great daily driver but lively back end!!
like i say i love it and rwd is just me :cool::cool::cool: and i know this is a gtr -gtst board but i see mk1 lotus cortina in wrten in ur profile can i see pics please

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi Jay, i know its an old post but i have only just seen this.

You know me anyway and have seen you about.
Looks cool & sounds nice, can tell its you a mile away.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dude glad ur back in a skyline i spoke to tomsie last week he said you had got another corker !

yeh she is noisey lol but imo it dont sound wrong lol ! but i dont think my nieghbours think so tho at 6.30 each morn

bring her up xsport by the way so i can have looksee when you have a min

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
JP, I enquired as to the front splitter and the guys were really helpful, just wondering if you had any pics of how you mounted it up, taken from underneath?

How far back does the splitter extend?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
chap i havnt but ill get on it in the morn:thumbsup:

goes back about 4 inches mate

1 - 20 of 21 Posts