GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm Sam and i'm currently in the market for a 32/33GTR. I thought it would be worth introducing myself on here. I'm sure I will be posting loads of silly questions on here in the next few months to come and will keep you all advised on how the project will be coming along.
My previous cars have mostly been Rotaries but i'm on the market for my dream cars now :D (I guess you could say i'm used to poor fuel consumption and high maintenance). Also if there's any members from the south (Poole & Bournemouth) area it would be great to meet up with a few of you at some point!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey bud I'm from Bournemouth and currently have a 33 gtr. Have you been out in a Gtr yet or do you just like the look of them?

Mines mildly tuned with the usual mods, should be pushing 500hp when I get it back. I'd be happy for you to have a look around it and get an idea of what you will get for your money.

It's goes against all the rules but I bought the first one I went to see which I don't regret because she's sweet. BUT there's a lot of dogs out there dude! It's very hard to walk away from a Gtr but be strong the right one will come up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never been in a 32/33 but driven a 35 :D Not the same but still pretty awesome. I would appreciate it mate, it would be good to have someone that can point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
ah rotary!

i am about to go that route

have a few very special R32s being prepared at the moment :)

shout if need any help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haven't really found anything for me yet. Everything in the past few weeks I've liked the look of has either sold or disappeared. Classic ey?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome, Hopefully you'll find one with some of the important mods done first, if you've had a few rotaries a standard skyline may seem a lil sluggish lower down (don't get me wrong, few mods and they are great cars- been through a few other jap turbo'd cars myself and don't regret it!:thumbsup:) Also save a bit on some costs if they are reputable :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sam , don't worry about the "silly" questions. I've been on here ten years and most of my threads still start with a question. This is a great forum with plenty of knowledge available.

Charlie.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers guys :D I'm searching all over the UK sites but if nothing comes up within the next month I may have to look at importing!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's a decent looking 32 on eBay and at the moment (cant post links yet) but it sounds like it needs a new gearbox "5th gear crunching". Any ideas how much this may set me back?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I wouldn't worry about 5th gear crunch. Mine does it if I quick shift at high rpm from 4th-5th. Absolutely fine if I blip the throttle in between a low speed shift.

What it would cost to get fixed I couldn't say.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There's a decent looking 32 on eBay and at the moment (cant post links yet) but it sounds like it needs a new gearbox "5th gear crunching". Any ideas how much this may set me back?
When my other half was looking for R32's years ago most of them were dogs on EBay unless they were also advertised on here or the other Skyline forums! Go to someone reputable who will service the car, include some road tax, MOT & change the cam-belt etc. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I've had a chat with Paul at the JDM Garage in Devon and I will be off to see the r32 they have this evening!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
£500 for the gearbox and then fitting on top. Might need to convert the clutch from (push/pull).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I've only gone and put a deposit down! It should be ready to go this time next week :D

Bring on the fun and endless spending!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts