GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good bit racing a CRX and Lexus then they buy two cars from the auction an clean GTST Skyline and a well looked after FD RX7 for around £7000 each

Short clip of mountain road racing with the two cars

Onto drifting the cars are tied together with tyres stuck in between, which total wrecks the body work

WTF not funny pointless and what are they trying to say about the cars in old episodes JC would only wreck cars he did not like .

So that is it if Top Gear comes on again it is getting switched over.

·
Registered
77 Posts
To be fair, i thought they approached the Japanese car culture incredibly respectfully, not to mention showcasing a lot of niche areas - on national TV licensed worldwide - without taking the 'look at these shit cars/weird people' that the old presenters would've inevitably done.

When you're appealing to people who don't necessarily know what drifting is, nor have any particular care towards Japanese cars, there's always going to be an entertainment 'factor' (i.e. cars tied together). At least the drifting 1: actually worked and 2: actually failed rather than wheel nuts 'just so happened to be left undone' or James May getting lost around the track.

·
Registered
25,130 Posts
Not watched it but...

I***8217;d rether live it out in real here in Tokyo

Ironically was out in the Newera CRX after dinner in Tsukiji

TG just got very OTT

Think they all running out of ideas

·
Registered
25 Posts
i thought it was okay until they tied the cars together, completely ruining both cars:confused.
the driving in the mountain roads looked fun, and it was good to see the real Japanese car culture in its homeland....
even my mrs says she wants a holiday to japan now...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Really enjoyed the episode to be honest. I agree wrecking the cars wasn't required, especially the awesome body of an RX7 (made me miss my one). Rory's section for me was the highlight, but the whole programme I watched with a smile on my face.

Some people really need to lighten up.... or switch over to Call the Midwife.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I shudder to think what they have planned next week probably drive a Japanese super silhouette race car into a high kerb:puke:

·
Registered
648 Posts
great episode IMO,

and dont forget to watch Top Gear Extra - iPlayer / BBC 3.

a visit to Nissan museum & a Z432 test - superb!

:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts