GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The future ?

NISMO Brings Out a Twin-turbo V6 Skyline GT-R

A noteworthy moment of the sessions was NISMO's decision to bring a test car equipped with the new twin-turbo V6 out in addition to its two regular Skyline GT-Rs (Nos.22 and 23). Marked with the number "0," the V6 version GT-R was driven by all four NISMO drivers over the two days. "We brought the car out for the purpose of collecting basic data," commented Koichi Ogawara, NISMO team director. "It's only the second time the car has been run." It was a positive sign for the Nissan works team as the No.0 car managed quicker times than all of the other Skyline GT-Rs, with Satoshi Motoyama claiming a 1'25.216" behind the wheel. NISMO announced previously that the V6 car will debut in the series from mid-season.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Thats excellent news! Had no idea the VQ could be that competitive.
First debut race is at Fuji Speedway in late July. I think the V6 will only be run in 3 or 4 races....and it will be good to see how durable it is over a whole race distance.

Wonder if this means that tunability of the VQ 30 or 35 wil be around 500bhp.... :rolleyes:

:smokin:

·
Registered
48 Posts
re jgtc

Good to see eurosport showing the jgtc series maybe they have realised how great the racing is compared to f1(at least these driver's change gears).

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I knew that Nissan were going to race the VQ engine car this year but I didn't realise that they had one in a car already.
I hope it's that competitive when it's actually in the races.
:cool:

·
Registered
961 Posts
when does that start iso wahnt to watch that
now that toca has been tund into CR*P

·
Registered
21 Posts
JGTC

Also seems to be on new Motors channel (416). They had a preview on last night, and mentioned the V6. They said they would be covering every round.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts