GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

MY GTR is ready for 4 new tyres. I currently have Dunlop RF.

I live on the isle of man it is raining most of the year, yet we have no speed limit and bumpy/bad roads.

Should I just get another set of run flats in the same size or are the MPSS genuinely better ? also what would be the best size for me ?

I could do with a little put of a more comfy ride as mine is 2009 and the soft button doesn't really make it soft.

Also having a puncture/tyre blow out wouldn't be a huge issue for me as the island is small, so getting it sorted and getting home is easy.

Again, please be honest as I just want the best for my car.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think MPSS is the answer for you. Much softer then the Dunlops but with little compromise... better handling in the wet too.
Im running the oem sizes but a lot of people run a square set up which Litchfield recommend.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
MPSS for you unless you plan on taking the car on track.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I think MPSS is the answer for you. Much softer then the Dunlops but with little compromise... better handling in the wet too.
Im running the oem sizes but a lot of people run a square set up which Litchfield recommend.
Does litcho recommend a square setup, I always thought it was 275/305 as I have on mine???

·
R35 Section manager
11,256 Posts
Never tried anything else but Bridgestones so it would be unfair to comment but I think I will either be looking at Mpss or Toyos on the next change.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
MPSS from what you have said. You could consider the MPSC (cup version) as this might be in between.

If your roads are bumpy I wouldn't recommend the bridgies as they do tram line a bit on minor roads which can unnerve some.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, so looking like MPSS could be the ones for me, I have 20" Volks Racing G2 wheels fitted. At present I am running standard 255/285 Dunlop RF setup. So what would be best ? 275/305 or what is the square setup ?, basically want it to handle like it's on rails, especially in wet conditions.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
ok, so looking like MPSS could be the ones for me, I have 20" Volks Racing G2 wheels fitted. At present I am running standard 255/285 Dunlop RF setup. So what would be best ? 275/305 or what is the square setup ?, basically want it to handle like it's on rails, especially in wet conditions.
I've got 275/305 stance, and I've found compared to bridgestones, the mpss keep the tail firmer to the ground, which I prefer.. less twitchy, which enables me to play more.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you don't have big ambitions, I'll fit the car with the MPSS, cheaper than Dunlop, but no track at all as they're awful:wavey::wavey:

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
The square set up is the standard 285 rear tyre size all round and what I am considering when I next change.

Litchfield recomend the 275/305 set up. Jonny at JCR has been trialling trials and whilst hasnt formally said it, he did seem keen on the MPSC in 285/295 sizing.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I've tried the 285 setup after buying my car with Dunlops which were shot. I found the ride a bit too squidgy for me, I then switched to 275/305 which were less squidgy and offered quite a bit more grip.

Both setups were a lot less harsh than the dunlops. I have also tried the Toyo 888's, grip was awesome but they were far too noisy.

Have the 285's sat on a pallet with 5.5 mm tired depth I'll let go cheap if your unsure exactly what to go for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've tried the 285 setup after buying my car with Dunlops which were shot. I found the ride a bit too squidgy for me, I then switched to 275/305 which were less squidgy and offered quite a bit more grip.

Both setups were a lot less harsh than the dunlops. I have also tried the Toyo 888's, grip was awesome but they were far too noisy.

Have the 285's sat on a pallet with 5.5 mm tired depth I'll let go cheap if your unsure exactly what to go for.
How much for your 285? And what are they ?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the offer mate, but after reading on here I have decided to go MPSS and 275/305 setup.

Getting them fitted friday morning. So will update you guys on what I notice.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Thanks for the offer mate, but after reading on here I have decided to go MPSS and 275/305 setup.

Getting them fitted friday morning. So will update you guys on what I notice.
How much did they cost?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey guys,

MY GTR is ready for 4 new tyres. I currently have Dunlop RF.

I live on the isle of man it is raining most of the year, yet we have no speed limit and bumpy/bad roads.

Should I just get another set of run flats in the same size or are the MPSS genuinely better ? also what would be the best size for me ?

I could do with a little put of a more comfy ride as mine is 2009 and the soft button doesn't really make it soft.

Also having a puncture/tyre blow out wouldn't be a huge issue for me as the island is small, so getting it sorted and getting home is easy.

Again, please be honest as I just want the best for my car.
the best tires for all conditions in my opinion are the mpss at present running 275/35/20 at front and 305/30/20 to rear. only got 7k miles from Dunlop run flats. only problem on a wet night with a flat tire don't know will I still be happy,,,,,,,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts