GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
----Apologies Attempted to Move to the Tecnical Section----

Hi guys,

First ever post on the boards and fully paid memebership :) Normally a Mitsubishi's kind of guy but the GTR seemed too good slip past!

Worryingly though I have an issue where effectively my car is only running a V3. The whole left back recently shut down...

2009 GTR - 20k Miles - Serviced 1000miles early everytime, and the biggest downside about 8-10 weeks out of warranty.

Edinburgh have had the car for little over 3.5 weeks diagnosing this issue. Can anyone elaborate on how a solenoid is attached to the cam sensor?? Apparently this solenoid stuck (which they can do if there was dirt and oil etc surrounding it i guess) but fail to see how it has closed down the whole left bank. Im an engineer but down know the mechanics of this car yet.

Obviously disappointed with a failure of this already but in all fairness only being billed 5/6 hours. They havent replaced this solenoid pack though... Issue may just rear its head on my back north - thought Nissan would look to replace this??

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Hi. Sorry to hear about your problem. It's not one i've come across before so can't help i'm afraid. All i would say is that if you've got a full service history with a HPC and you're only just out of warranty i would be pushing hard to get a lot of the cost knocked off as good will. Hope you get it all sorted :thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Many thanks :)

I was going to try a design life approach but maybe just have to take this one on the chin!

Cant really negotiate until I understand the issue correctly myself... But Nissan Japan have even been interested in this one...

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
if nissan japan have been very interested I'd almost be tempted to say you may get if fixed under warranty ( even though its expired ) it would benefit them in the long run to get to the bottom of the issue.

Good luck mate

·
Registered
924 Posts
----Apologies Attempted to Move to the Tecnical Section----

Hi guys,

First ever post on the boards and fully paid memebership :) Normally a Mitsubishi's kind of guy but the GTR seemed too good slip past!

Worryingly though I have an issue where effectively my car is only running a V3. The whole left back recently shut down...

2009 GTR - 20k Miles - Serviced 1000miles early everytime, and the biggest downside about 8-10 weeks out of warranty.

Edinburgh have had the car for little over 3.5 weeks diagnosing this issue. Can anyone elaborate on how a solenoid is attached to the cam sensor?? Apparently this solenoid stuck (which they can do if there was dirt and oil etc surrounding it i guess) but fail to see how it has closed down the whole left bank. Im an engineer but down know the mechanics of this car yet.

Obviously disappointed with a failure of this already but in all fairness only being billed 5/6 hours. They havent replaced this solenoid pack though... Issue may just rear its head on my back north - thought Nissan would look to replace this??

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve
Steve

Don't take this lying down mate. Push and push to get this sorted without dipping in your pocket.

Haven't heard of this either so keep us posted, be interested to know the score.

Hope you get it fixed FOC and good luck

Satan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts