GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I'm going to get myself a tasty set of wheels for the GTR but not sure what width to go for.
I don't need crazy wide as I'm only stage 4 with downpipes and doubt (well maybe) I'll be going big power.
I was maybe thinking 21x11 rear and 21x10.5 fronts.
305/25/21 rear and 285/30/21 front MPSS tyres.
Does this sound about right width wise. I know a lot will depend on the offset but the wheels will be made exactly how wide I want them and with whatever offset.

Thanks
John

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Jurgen and Eandy run 21s on their GTRs and a few others from the groupbuy last year.

I'm running Rays G25s which are half an inch wider front & rear over oem wheels, 10j and 11j with 275/305 mpss combo (no spacers). Sit nice and flush with the arches, no rubbing even wgen lowered with litchfield suspension.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Found with my 21" wheels on MPSS they were more comfy than OEM 20" Wheels on run flats whilst running MY10 suspension.

Handling wise I've always found the run flats superior on high speed cornering to my MPSS maybe it's just preference.

Regarding speeds I've done a few events where I've done past 185mph on my 21" wheels without issues, weight reduction is huge as well although thats also largely due to holding a non run flat tyre.

Few images to show what a 21" wheel looks like on a GT-R

I don't think they look out of place although at present I'm running my OEM wheels anyway after returning from Nurburgring.

Since I've upgraded to Litchfields suspension I've found its bought OEM comfort much closer to these.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found with my 21" wheels on MPSS they were more comfy than OEM 20" Wheels on run flats whilst running MY10 suspension.

Handling wise I've always found the run flats superior on high speed cornering to my MPSS maybe it's just preference.

Regarding speeds I've done a few events where I've done past 185mph on my 21" wheels without issues, weight reduction is huge as well although thats also largely due to holding a non run flat tyre.

Few images to show what a 21" wheel looks like on a GT-R

I don't think they look out of place although at present I'm running my OEM wheels anyway after returning from Nurburgring.

Since I've upgraded to Litchfields suspension I've found its bought OEM comfort much closer to these.

What tyre size and wheel offset are you running Andy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts