GTR Forum banner

New York City GTR Club.... well most of it

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  RIPPMODS 
#1 ·
Hey guys, here are some pictures of my shop with two other Skylines, The 32 is the first Skyline that I know of in NYC, John' Blue 33 is an awesome and in stock form made a 307whp pass on our DYNO.

Mine still under construction is the anthracite with Kevlar hood.... it was a great time to see all 3 cars together and they sounded awesome... unfortunately we couldn't go out for a cruise because mine has not finished its Registration process... but will tomorrow.... so I look forward to a cruise shortly there after... enjoy, sorry for the size...

See less See more
#6 ·
And who ever said American's didn't have taste?!!

Great looking GTR's.

How many GTR's in NY roughly?

Kevlar Hood on Anthracite Body looks very different.

Black BNR32 on Bronze CE28N's just looks delicious.

#7 ·
Warning !
THESE THINGS WERE BUILT IN MILLIMETERS:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
not 10 inch feet !:eek: :eek:

I thought you Septics were not allowed to run GTR,s on the street ?

Dont Pimp any of those rides ...Please :bawling:

Less maple syrup on those gritts is worth another turbocharger ! on the quarter :thumbsup:

Dont Bitch at me Im not racist Im scottish !
Take it as Friendly Fire, Dude.
Cheers C

#9 ·
WOW thats nice, I like the blue one :thumbsup:

Nice to see some Skylines in the US. What kind of power are you guys aiming for? Keep us updated with the tunings, burn some muscle cars on the street, J/K :D :D

#13 ·
Thanks guys for the words on the cars.

There are 4 in New York City. In New York State there is about a total of 8.

Right now mine is the slowest one (least modified), it's pretty stock, besides a R34 swap, intake, exhaust and uprated ecu. That'll change soon enough :p

John

#15 ·
GTRJack said:
^^ Any R34 over there??

Which one has the biggest power there, and how much HP are we talking about?
There is supposingly one (R34) roaming around, but that's likely just a rumor.

NYC
Ross's Black R33 has not been tuned yet, but should put out some impressive numbers
Nat's (R32), has some HICA's issues so he didn't get on the rollers.
Charcaol R32 unsure of specs, presumably stock

In other area's
Mark's White R33 is said to be touching 600, with GT28RS's (mainly show car).
Steve's Silver R33 not sure of specs, but running a T51R
Brandon's R33 GST-T, RB25 with an auto
Rumor to be one or 2 more running around in the state.

John

#17 ·
GTRJack said:
^^ Any R34 over there??

Which one has the biggest power there, and how much HP are we talking about?
Don't know what the 32 makes but mine made 478 today....@22psi.....:clap: and I got plates..... so I can cruise....

I don't think the engine is healthy though I hear a slight tick....:sadwavey: and I'm sure is rod.... it could be wrist-pin but it sounds a little heavy....:chairshot I think I'm going to tear it down....before it goes boom for real… any opinions on this?

#19 ·
RIPPMODS said:
Don't know what the 32 makes but mine made 478 today....@22psi.....:clap: and I got plates..... so I can cruise....

I don't think the engine is healthy though I hear a slight tick....:sadwavey: and I'm sure is rod.... it could be wrist-pin but it sounds a little heavy....:chairshot I think I'm going to tear it down....before it goes boom for real… any opinions on this?
are you serious :sadwavey:. If you want a new block let me know I have a brand new n1 blcok for sale.

There is probably a few more, but not too sure where they are hiding :)

John

#20 ·
jas3113 said:
are you serious :sadwavey:. If you want a new block let me know I have a brand new n1 blcok for sale.

There is probably a few more, but not too sure where they are hiding :)

John
Yea.... The more we listen to it, the more we think its a rod...:sadwavey: its faint but there... sounds like a solid knock under a free rev…. I’ve heard it several hundred times in the years of tuning… it sucks way more when it’s yours….! On our end we did everything we can do to tune safely... we monitored everything….

• Oil temps
• Exhaust temps
• Air fuel on both banks
• Air fuel at the tip
• Boost over ride and control...

It wasn't a tuning issue I assure you.... I did however make some calls today and found out the engine in my car was over heated more than once... apparently the previous owner did not know how to bleed the coolant system.... so it may have been hurt prior.... which sucks on so many levels.... :bawling: mostly for me.... lol

Yea.... I think I may take you up on that block.... PM me and I'll give you a call John.... and thanks....

Ross

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.