GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello every one.
i used to own a Nissan 200sx S13 running 300bhp but just sold it wanted to move on too a bigger and better.

i have just brought a RB25DET with manual gearbox etc to fit into my project BMW E36.

Ive been told the standard rb25det kicks out 250bhp in standard form, could some one in-lighten me to the tunning i can do to what bhp to expect from them mods.

also what is the weakest point of this engine etc would you recommend upgrading any of the parts or internals?
any information given would be very much appreciated.
regards
Jake

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Hehe, have a look at the search function m8, you will find loads, infact there is a thread all about it two below this entitled "RB25 bottom end stuff"

So RB25DET in a E36 ....... I would have said you were mad untill I saw what a sweet installation it can be and I can see it being a very popular conversion in the future :)

Good luck, the gearbox bracket is the worst part by all accounts :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, i had a quick read of the thread regarding the bottom end but it dont seem to help me.
any info regarding the questions asked above would be apprecated.
thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
std internals can run 400bhp easy with steel turbo,front mount,bigger injectors,induction kit,3 inch exhaust, z32 afm and a ecu power fc etc @1.2 bar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet! thats lovely how much should i expect to pay for :
steel turbo (from what skyline?)
bigger injectors (what size?)
ecu power fc ( were can this be brought from is it hard too fit?)
thank you

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You forgot to add steel headgasket and fuel pump, oh and fuel pressure regulator, downpipe, decat, induction kit, boost control and ...... dump valve :)

Better add a new exhaust manifiold gasket and studs as well :)

Mapping as well, for the PFC ;)

May as well throw in a set of cams as well to get it to the 400bhp figure as 380 is the norm for the 1.2bar build.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
will a stock RB25 fit? I know of Turbo charged M3's and they had to fit the turbo near the front of the engine bay, as it is very narrow. I don't see an RB helping in this regard.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
bemmerkid said:
hello every one.
i used to own a Nissan 200sx S13 running 300bhp but just sold it wanted to move on too a bigger and better.

i have just brought a RB25DET with manual gearbox etc to fit into my project BMW E36.

Ive been told the standard rb25det kicks out 250bhp in standard form, could some one in-lighten me to the tunning i can do to what bhp to expect from them mods.

also what is the weakest point of this engine etc would you recommend upgrading any of the parts or internals?
any information given would be very much appreciated.
regards
Jake

I am fascinated to read crail Loser say what a swwet installation the RB can be in an E36, any links to this info please?

Feel free to phone me if you want any help on RB25DET tuning, I have got a fairly strong one in an R33 GTS-t at the moment, running well and reliably, as a track day car. 07971-952084

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
mmm thats weird, I am on the 2nd of our work pcs and image unavaliable as you say, however if I go to my other pc image is avaliable ... i just logged onto some site for uploading pics to host them.

Ok i will try again later :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts