GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I registered quite some time ago, knowing there would come a day when I could afford a GTR. Im very close to that day and know looking at used cars. Ive been an owner and member of v6clio.net for a number of years and still plan on keeping the little french vee as truth be told, for all her flaws, she's a cracking little car. I have a budget of 40k and am looking for a lowish miles 2010 UK car.

Ive searched around but can't seem to find a buyers/newbie guide, so I apologise in advance, but could you guys help me out with a list of things to check

Premium/Black edition...which one to go for?
Apart from Disc cracks, Tyre wear, what other visible checks should I be doing?
Is there something to do with letters in the VIN to check?

Any newbie advice would be massively appreciated

Many thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hello

I registered quite some time ago, knowing there would come a day when I could afford a GTR. Im very close to that day and know looking at used cars. Ive been an owner and member of v6clio.net for a number of years and still plan on keeping the little french vee as truth be told, for all her flaws, she's a cracking little car. I have a budget of 40k and am looking for a lowish miles 2010 UK car.

Ive searched around but can't seem to find a buyers/newbie guide, so I apologise in advance, but could you guys help me out with a list of things to check

Any newbie advice would be massively appreciated

Many thanks

Hi and Welcome:wavey:

40k should get you a decent 10 or very late 59 car with low mileage

Have replied inline to ya questions

Black has the red seat band and red door pulls together with having a black headlining... Premium has grey seats and door pulls and white headlining has Personal choice, however I went for a Black edition as Im not lover of white headlining's!

Check the service book and ensure its been serviced as per the schedule by either NHPC or a reputable outlet such as Litchfield, SVM or Kaizer to name a few. Check the notorious bell housing "rattle" when in natural. Common on lots of GTRs and mine was like a rattling plate. Good bartering option with this I would ask how the car has been driven by the owner, has it had any upgrades such as gearbox s/w Y pipe Gearbox Magnet & Upgrade.....Check and see if you can get previous owners details....Always good to try and contact them. Also suggest buying an ex forum members car...Lots for sale on here

HTH

Cheers

Louie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts