GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I had to get myself straight on to the forum after picking up my silver 09 GTR yesterday :)

I'm 22 and from Bristol, so I wondered of there are any other local members on here.

Absolutely loving the GTR, I came from having a modified MK2 focus RS and seriously couldn't get over what a different beast the GTR is!

Sorry for the lack of pictures, Im at work at the moment and will put some on later;)

Cheers guys

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Welcome......sure you will love the GT-R.....very different beast. Hate to think what you must be paying for insurance!

Get to know it and then set the beast free with some mods:thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Stevie. It's definitely been an experience to say the least!!! Forgot to mention it's running around 650 stage 4. So compared to my RS that was at around 400 it's just opened my eyes completely! It's an absolutely excellent piece of engineering. Insurance is reasonable at around £1000 as main driver and policy holder, but I don't do the miles as I have a company van and do around 20 miles a week at most!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Ah good stuff....if you have not got get some downpipes if you want to add to the drama:thumbsup:

That's really good on the insurance front.....thought you would have been looking at a few times that:runaway:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
First of all welcome to the club,
Sounds like your a petrol head already and love BHP.
Sounds a fantastic deal on your insurance even if you have limited mileage.
Just enjoy the beast and Drive it hard but most of all drive it safe,
Regards Goldie,,

P s. Get them photos up

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah good stuff....if you have not got get some downpipes if you want to add to the drama:thumbsup:

That's really good on the insurance front.....thought you would have been looking at a few times that:runaway:
Already there, knight racer down pipes are already on! The noise/drama is intense!

Thanks guys, yeh it's slowly slowly catch a monkey and just learning the car at the moment, any of you guys from the south west?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Lol.....fully sorted then:thumbsup: Until you need more:chairshot:

I'm midlands but I am sure there are quite a few south west owners....there was a thread not long ago looking at a meet around Bristol I think which I would probably have taken a run down too. Need to have a look for it myself actually.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently I can't post images until my post count reaches 15, sorry guys. Unless anyone knows how to get around this?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
You cant get round it i don't think.....start reviewing some of the previous build threads for inspiration and comment along the way and you'll soon get there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just don't get it wrapped locally !!
If I was going to get it wrapped I know a few people that have used blueprint Nottingham and to be fair their wraps look amazing! I can't say I know anyone who has has their car wrapped locally. Is there any particular places to avoid in Bristol???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You bought it from Focus RS Direct? That was Cheynes car on here and is a very well looked after car !
Yeh that's correct! I must admitt it looks very well looked after indeed, if im honest I took my RS in for a service and it was down there and I thought wow! Got taken out in it while mine was being serviced. Went home checked the numbers and went back the next day for a closer look and had to treat myself after working my balls off the past few years!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
If I was going to get it wrapped I know a few people that have used blueprint Nottingham and to be fair their wraps look amazing! I can't say I know anyone who has has their car wrapped locally. Is there any particular places to avoid in Bristol???
Lol looks like sam beat me to it

If you do get tempted by a wrap dont over look us we've probably wrapped more GTR's than anyone else in this country

Car Wrapping | PW Pro

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bristol Blue Customs don't have a good rep around these parts. Check out the above link and avoid![/QUOTE]

Yep I know the place believe it or not it's 2mins away from my house, saw a couple of cars knocking around the local area with wraps from them and I was less than impressed if I'm honest! The Azure blue focus RS looked a fantastic colour and looked great but didn't look all that up close. I will warn people away, I knew they weren't great but didn't realise to that extent!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

If you do get tempted by a wrap dont over look us we've probably wrapped more GTR's than anyone else in this country

Fair play! I will make a note and if I decide to take the plunge I will let you know ;) if I'm honest the silver is growing on my but a nice cobalt blue would match my dads Porsche which would be cool!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts

Fair play! I will make a note and if I decide to take the plunge I will let you know ;) if I'm honest the silver is growing on my but a nice cobalt blue would match my dads Porsche which would be cool!
no worries dude we're here if you need us

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
35's looking great:thumbsup:

Oh and dont let anyone but Paul wrap it.....seen some right horror stories on here with wraps but nothing like that to worry about with Pwpro. Paul did mine and its first class.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts