GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to GTRs, in fact I haven't even got one yet I'm picking it up in three weeks time. Just a few questions :), Does the R35 have to be run on super unleaded or could a octane booster be used? Is there any common faults I should look out for, this is a 2009 premium edition with 20k.

Many thanks

Pete

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would run it on super unleaded rather than octane booster.The best super unleaded fuel is either shell v-power or tesco's own super unleaded which is octane 99.

Regarding what to look out for,is brake disc's having slight cracks between the holes,tryes,bellhousing noise,water in headlights.

Im still on a look out for a gtr,these beasts eat brakes and tyres which arent cheap.

O forgot and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
302 Posts
I run mine on Tesco 99, the same as I used to use for my Subarus and S2000. I certainly wouldn't run it on 95 RON!

Whereabouts in the North East are you? I'm in Teesside.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run mine on Tesco 99, the same as I used to use for my Subarus and S2000. I certainly wouldn't run it on 95 RON!

Whereabouts in the North East are you? I'm in Teesside.
I'm from hartlepool, iv only ever seen one Gtr in the flesh. I was on my way to buy a FQ 400 when I decided against it and go for the gtr.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hi Pete. There are a few GTRs round the north east. I live in teesside. You won't regret your purchase.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm from hartlepool, iv only ever seen one Gtr in the flesh.
The only one I've seen (apart from mine!) around these parts is a blue one, which seems to work somewhere near where I work (Seal Sands). I had a couple of STIs before the GTR, but I used to like Evo VIIIs and IXs, too. Not so sure about the Evo X though...

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
There's quite a few in the toon.

I'm often down in boro in mine as well as have friends down there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow there seems to be a few northerners on this forum, do you guys ever have any meets?

Safcjo- yes as far as I'm aware I'm buying it from David Hayton dealership in Carlisle.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Pete. Welcome to the forum. I'm from South Shields but spend my time between there and work in Northants. I always go for Shell V-Power where I can but have used Esso or BP 97 RON for the odd tank.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hi Pete, welcome mate hopefully you're going to love it!
Quite a few up here now it seems, hopefully we'll be able to have a catch up in the next few weeks as the conditions improve - Hodge just posted about the prospect of a meet; we've managed to get out a few times and to some of the events which were a blast!

Protegimus

·
Registered
808 Posts
Did Hodge manage to sort a meet out ?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Looks like his thread got shut down by moderators.

I'd be up for something though.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yeah me too. Do you know who the north east GTROC rep is ?

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
All these North East GTR's and I haven't seen any! :( Where do you all hide!? actually I lie I seen a silver maybe '09 going over the Tyne Bridge a few weeks back.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Yes, it's clearly listed.
Well that's massively helpful :GrowUp:

It's Ian (Forum name IMS). I think it's a bit early in the year for him to be organising a meet. I think they normally start about May time IIRC.

I've only been along to one proper north east meet. othertimes have just arranged to go for a bit of a hoon with other members.

·
Registered
241 Posts
All these North East GTR's and I haven't seen any! :( Where do you all hide!? actually I lie I seen a silver maybe '09 going over the Tyne Bridge a few weeks back.
It's funny but since I bought my GT-R over 7 months ago I haven't seen a single other example, other than at Nissan HPC, anywhere in the country. I know they're out there somewhere though :chuckle:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts