GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

I have been browsing over the site for some time and there looks to be a wealth of knowledge on here.:thumbsup:

I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Kris from Manchester and picking up my GTR from Middlehursts in January. I dealt with Ian there who certainly knows his stuff and it was great to meet the rest of the team. The test drive knocked my socks off!!

January cannot come soon enough, I cannot wait.

It am looking forward to eventually meeting up with some of you guys and getting to know the nitty gritty of the GTR.

All I know so far, is that I fancy a Y-Pipe for it!!

Cheers Kris

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Hi kris,what GT-R did u go for..? Hope you have a lot of self control as your going to need it and welcome...!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi kris,what GT-R did u go for..? Hope you have a lot of self control as your going to need it and welcome...!!!!
Hi Daniel, I went for a DGM 2009 Black Edition. Middlehurst had supplied and looked after it, very tidy car. Can't wait to get back in it.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Welcome buddy, Y-Pipe is just the start, between now and when you pick it up your list will be as long as your arm! Get some pictures up as soon as you get it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome buddy, Y-Pipe is just the start, between now and when you pick it up your list will be as long as your arm! Get some pictures up as soon as you get it :thumbsup:
Thanks Crafty, well I think I am going to ask Middlehurst to put a y-pipe on ready for when I collect it.

It is also having rear sensors fitted and the quad light kit.

So what would be the top 3 mods without spending silly money?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
The top three things to do to a GT-R within your first week of ownership will be fuel lots and lots of fuel there won't be time for much else haha...I think most will agree its a good idea to work out what stations have 99ron as my closest is 15miles so have to be sure to go home with enough......

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
So what would be the top 3 mods without spending silly money?
Give it a couple of weeks and then Stage 1 map (more power), gearbox software update (smoother drive) and K&N panel filters (something that you can easily maintain and tinker with)...does that sound about right guys?

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy every minute of 2014

·
Registered
69 Posts
Give it a couple of weeks and then Stage 1 map (more power), gearbox software update (smoother drive) and K&N panel filters (something that you can easily maintain and tinker with)...does that sound about right guys?
Well, a question: does it affect also MY12 in terms of power upgrade and gearbox smoothness? I don't care automatic mode, interested in faster manual mode gear change!

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Well, a question: does it affect also MY12 in terms of power upgrade and gearbox smoothness? I don't care automatic mode, interested in faster manual mode gear change!
Power wise it won't be as noticeable on a MY12 as it will be on the OP's car and as for gearbox not much benefit if at all as a MY12 will have the later software already. If ur after faster manual gear shifts then have the car mapped with the recently release Ecutek V4

·
Registered
69 Posts
Few additional info for you guys.
I have been evaluating my next purchase for almost six months.

997.2 GT3, Exige V6, Cayman S (new upcoming GTS?), but it seems the GT-R overwhelms them in terms of performance vs price.

Looking forward to your thoughs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The top three things to do to a GT-R within your first week of ownership will be fuel lots and lots of fuel there won't be time for much else haha...I think most will agree its a good idea to work out what stations have 99ron as my closest is 15miles so have to be sure to go home with enough......

My wallet will be a lonely place!!

There is a Tesco really near to me and i'm sure a Shell a bit further away. What do you guys use fuel wise?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is the Stage 1 a switchable map? I think Middlehursts mentioned Ecutek.

As for the K&N's, I love induction noise and spool but can these just be added in place of the current filters without the need for any mapping?

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Is the Stage 1 a switchable map? I think Middlehursts mentioned Ecutek.

As for the K&N's, I love induction noise and spool but can these just be added in place of the current filters without the need for any mapping?
Yes map is switchable for different RON fuel and boost adjustment + the most recent Ecutek V4 has other goodies too (details covered in one of the other threads)
Filters can be swapped out without mapping, easy as pie

1 - 20 of 53 Posts