GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i am a newbie and just wanted to introduce my self.

The names Reece, i am from south London and currently the middle of importing my first skyline.

1992 r32 GTR

all the best!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I went for the r32 specifically as its been a little dream of mine for a while since i first saw one!

No its not through an auction,i managed to get it through the domestic market in japan via one of the dealers out there.

82 thou kmh.

No repair history and only 2 owners

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi,

I went for the r32 specifically as its been a little dream of mine for a while since i first saw one!

No its not through an auction,i managed to get it through the domestic market in japan via one of the dealers out there.

82 thou kmh.

No repair history and only 2 owners
Welcome Reece,

Sounds good can't wait to see her when she is here, the wait will be worth it :D !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi mate! I suppose I should say welcome if you are a newbie too haha.

Well car has a few bits on it already just going to instal coil overs and spacers as I'm running 9j wheels just to get it all nice and tidy.

Main thing I have planned once I have it is to get it to abbey Motorsport and maybe get nistune and full remap and set up as no one in England seems to be able to map the stock ecu?

Any plans for yours?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cheers mate! :)

Sounding good, I wasn't aware the stock ecu was a problem for mapping. I am on a very steep learning curve just now though as I'm coming from years of Scooby ownership!

What wheels are you fancying? Seems to be Grids that are the favourites from what I've seen!

Mine is pretty heavily modded already and running quite high bhp. I'll be getting wheels too though and mine will need a bit of paint etc too. It's set up for drag use so I might loose the HKS drag suspension and the wee lip spoiler for something a bit bigger...plenty to be doing once I have her :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well my one appears to have some sort of rotas on it already but being from japan there not actually rotas,

What sort of BHP is yours running?

I have no estimated power for mine although it's running t517z turbos,mapped ECU,huge front mount,Greddy boost pipes,induction kit and straight tht I exhaust system.

So mine power is anyone's guess????

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hard to say to be honest...some guys with more experience of the car might have a better idea though :)

Sounds like a good spec to start with though. At least you can still make your mark too.

Mine is mapped for 800bhp just now. It is running a single Greddy T88 turbo but I think I'll be sticking a billet wheel in it. Not for more power but slightly earlier spool!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Aye, this will be my first bud :)

Been Subaru all the way before now! Thought I'd never drive anything else.....needed a change though.

Nothing wrong with Dubs man....my first car was a Mk1 Golf...albeit a bucket lol!!

Any reason you ditched them?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Power mainly mate,as much as a gt28rs 1.8 t golf was fun it's no comparison to jap cars and I have always wanted a skyline since I first saw one.

now it's finally come true! I just have the cruel wait now for importing! :(

All part of the fun tho I suppose?

·
Registered
26 Posts
You'll appreciate it more having to wait for it mate! I've got a 5 week wait for mine too but that is for the bits of my Scooby to get sold off before I have sufficient funds for it. I'd rather do it that way than shell out lol

The Golf would have been good fun no doubt though :) My Hawk Impreza was running a billet GT35R...made 642bhp on meth and full boost by 3.7k ....no slouch got a fairly large turbo :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that sounds really good mate.

The golf was only 300 but super fast spool on the gt28 was a bit of an animal so I can't what to see what the skyline will be like!

Only thing I'm gutted about is t517z have internal waste gate so no screamer pipe for me :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds sweet mate :)

Aye, that's a pity! The Hawk had a screamer which I loved.

I'm not sure if my 32 has one or not....time will tell! Need to get a crank bought first and engine back in before I worry about anything else.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.