GTR Forum banner

201 - 220 of 635 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi there, long time lurker of this forum but only just got round to joining. I've got an R32 GTS that I'm currently restoring/building for track days/racing. Had a few threads on other forums, thought some people might be interested on here but not sure since it's a GTR forum? Shall I stick up a build thread?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Hello and welcome. Sounds like an interesting project there. Plenty of project threads here that should be of use to you (particularly around removing the original sound proofing LOL). People will be keen to see what you do.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello and welcome. Sounds like an interesting project there. Plenty of project threads here that should be of use to you (particularly around removing the original sound proofing LOL). People will be keen to see what you do.
I started with a bare shell with cage already in, but had been sat outside for a year or so. It's a bit of a mix of parts as well, including the engine ...

·
Registered
94 Posts
New Owner Courtesy of Dave @ The GTR Shop

Hi all, I picked up my 1st Skyline today - an R33 GTR V-Spec in White.

Having been on the lookout for a few months, Dave from The GTR Shop came through, and I'm glad he did. Although it took over 3 hours to get to him, he really made the trip worth while. I was quite weary of buying a 20 year old GTR due to the horror stories you hear about some traders, but having read the positive reviews about Dave and The GTR Shop on this forum, it gave me confidence. Top marks to Dave and his team, he was completely honest about the car and is a genuinely good guy. He even picked me up from the train station - talk about going the extra mile (bad pun I know!). If you're looking for a new GTR, call Dave. Even if you have to wait, even if you live 250 miles away - it's worth it.

Needless to say the drive back was fantastic and although it was mostly motorway miles, it was great to get to know my new beast!

I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with the search button on this forum as there's a few small bits I want to do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi from Dublin

just joined.

my name Steven from dublin, recently bought another 4 door r34 daily driver as a project.. looking forward to seeing some projects and getting advice from you guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All, started lurking sometime last year, live in the US, recently purchased a R32 GTR. Purchased some maintenance parts mainly except for the Omori Factory LMGT4 that i couldnt pass up. will be doing more and more over the years. the american forums have turned into a shit show with almost no info or they just reply with a thread from here or other forums lol. i look foreward to learning from everyone here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been on here 9 months searching for the R35 buy only posted today for the first time.

I'm from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire and I look forward to meeting some local members. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
New to the GTR scene

Hi All

I bought my first GTR at the end of last year, and am really enjoying it especially in the dry, as it sits at 800 BHP it's a handful in the dry never mind the wet.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I'm Charlie, I currently dont own a skyline as such, but have joined the forum in my quest to find the perfect one, which is more challenging than I thought!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm just about to get a 93 series 3 r32 GTR. Took me a few months of trawling auctions to find the car as I wanted an unmolested, graded, 93+. For the MOT it just needed upper arm bushes and Hicas ball joints which I understand now are common failures. Attached is a pic of the car at the docks in Japan.

Future plans are to refresh the suspension and possibly fit wider wheels. Planning on keeping power standard but may replace the turbos for steel wheeled units for reliability.

Look forward to speaking to you all on the forums!

Attachments

201 - 220 of 635 Posts