GTR Forum banner

221 - 240 of 634 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Hi All,

I'm Shaks, I'm not new to Skylines or this forum. I've been a member of skylineowners since 2010 and used to own a R34 GTT 4 door, which I sold last year. Just bought an R32 GTR which will be on a boat to the UK next week.

I'm have registered on this forum before, but for some unknown reason I can't post anything with my other profile, its like its read only. I gave up on the admin trying to sort this out as I never got any replies back, but since buying the 32 I thought I would re-register.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys and gals! I'm new here, I finally bought my dream car (R33) I will get pics up loaded once I figure out how to, I'm going to be the annoying sod that asks every stupid question going that millions of others will of already asked lol anyways just so I don't rock the boat can anyone point me in the direction of posts relating to headlight issues abd solutions please :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Newbie well kind of

Hi all just re joined the forum as I'm hopefully about to purchase my first skyline this week an R33 GTR in White the car is as far as I can tell totally standard
I was a member years ago when a few of the Subaru lads did the tunnel run with you all through the Tyne tunnel
Looking forward to a bit banter and if needed advise etc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone.

I'm James, I bought an R33 GTR about 6 months ago. Been lurking for a while and picked up a lot of useful information so thought it was time to join the community.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Brand new newb here.

I currently reside in the USA around the Boston area. I recently imported a 1990 R32 GTR. As they are still pretty uncommon in the US I'm relying on RB experienced folk from overseas!(also Canada?) I have many questions to come! Car has 12k km on it(unverified of corse) and was recently paint Ed Aurora Flare Blue Pearl! Similar to Th1 but bluer ?. Car is mostly stock other the apexi intake.

Im soon to be doing a timing belt/water pump replacement! But have found many oddities of my current engine. Example- oil separator that runs into intake is disconnected and blanked on intake side and just hanging there?! Stock light wires are disconnected and new wires have been run for some reason. Loud clicking noises from rear of vehicle?(fuel pump or atessa system) lots of random wiring in engine bay! Blah blah blah a bunch more stuff lol. I'll soon be posting plenty of questions about my current setup!

Here some pictures of car.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
R34 Newbie

Hi there

After too many years bringing up the kids and paying the mortgage, its finally *my* turn and I am now the proud owner of a BB R34 GTR. I could not decide between an R34 and an R35 but I have finally got off the fence.

I have signed up to the Ace Café meet on 30th April and look forward to meeting you, as an owner rather than a wannabee.

Obviously ( cos its fun ) there are some things that I want to mod, and I will be looking to the forum to help steer me in the right direction - my list currently looks like this - any help gratefully received

1) LED Rear Lights - looks like the main players are Nismo or JDMAuto - are these still available , is there one that stands out?

2) Nismo bumper - it looks like I can order this from NewEra by dropping it into my shopping cart ! Is it really as easy as that, cos I am guessing it wings its way over from Japan, and I have import duties and handling fees to add to the cost.

3) Rear undertray - I can see the carbon fin set available in the Nismo catalogue but not the tray itself. Are we looking at a non-carbon 'rep' from somewhere else, or is this a question of waiting for one to come up here in the UK?

4) Nismo parts in general - How do you get them? I can browse the online catalogue but cos its in Japanese I cant read whether there is an 'Add to Cart' or 'Buy Now' button.

5) R35 brakes onto R34 , via special brackets. Are the brackets still available? I am interested in doing this as I did a similar thing with my E46 M3. and I like the idea of good, big brakes.

6) Nismo LMGT4 wheels - are these still available in black? What sizes do people run? Square set-up or staggered? What offsets?

7) What size/make tyres are recommended? The car is running Yokahamas with a 35 profile and its quite a hard ride.

That's it for now - I know there will be more, but please feel free to answer inline or PM me.

Cheers for now, and look forward to meeting you on 30th (if I'm approved and get on the list :) )

Malcolm R

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there

After too many years bringing up the kids and paying the mortgage, its finally *my* turn and I am now the proud owner of a BB R34 GTR. I could not decide between an R34 and an R35 but I have finally got off the fence.

I have signed up to the Ace Café meet on 30th April and look forward to meeting you, as an owner rather than a wannabee.

Obviously ( cos its fun ) there are some things that I want to mod, and I will be looking to the forum to help steer me in the right direction - my list currently looks like this - any help gratefully received

1) LED Rear Lights - looks like the main players are Nismo or JDMAuto - are these still available , is there one that stands out?

2) Nismo bumper - it looks like I can order this from NewEra by dropping it into my shopping cart ! Is it really as easy as that, cos I am guessing it wings its way over from Japan, and I have import duties and handling fees to add to the cost.

3) Rear undertray - I can see the carbon fin set available in the Nismo catalogue but not the tray itself. Are we looking at a non-carbon 'rep' from somewhere else, or is this a question of waiting for one to come up here in the UK?

4) Nismo parts in general - How do you get them? I can browse the online catalogue but cos its in Japanese I cant read whether there is an 'Add to Cart' or 'Buy Now' button.

5) R35 brakes onto R34 , via special brackets. Are the brackets still available? I am interested in doing this as I did a similar thing with my E46 M3. and I like the idea of good, big brakes.

6) Nismo LMGT4 wheels - are these still available in black? What sizes do people run? Square set-up or staggered? What offsets?

7) What size/make tyres are recommended? The car is running Yokahamas with a 35 profile and its quite a hard ride.

That's it for now - I know there will be more, but please feel free to answer inline or PM me.

Cheers for now, and look forward to meeting you on 30th (if I'm approved and get on the list
)

Malcolm R
Rhdjapan.com is a good site! And even eBay has some decent stuff! Google will also show you a few more site. Where are the pictures of the car?!

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Dream Car...that I now own!

I've been on here for about 6 months now, but never worked out how to upload pictures until today - so you shall be seeing lots more posts now :D

Here is my baby, Bayside Blue R34 GTR V-Spec Import from Japan courtesy of JM-Imports! Thanks Aarin & Jurgen for the amazing service!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

Have been lurking here for a while now so probably about time to introduce myself....

So, I am Sam and for the past year I have been the proud owner of a (completely standard) UK R33.

Looking forward to getting involved with some events!

Sam

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi just registered my name is Asif from London got a bnr34 gtr love skyline i would like to inquire about trading on the board if someone can directed me to the right person thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been on here for about 6 months now, but never worked out how to upload pictures until today - so you shall be seeing lots more posts now :D

Here is my baby, Bayside Blue R34 GTR V-Spec Import from Japan courtesy of JM-Imports! Thanks Aarin & Jurgen for the amazing service!

WOW:popcorn:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi everyone, joined this forum a good while ago now but only really used it to find all the info out i needed on the R34. My import is due into the country next month so thought i'd introduce myself finally!

Hope to be out and about in the Skyline community very soon in my R34 GTR!

Jamie

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone, I've been on the site allot to learn some of the things I didn't know about my r32 gtr that I imported to the us. Car was nowhere close to stock when purchased, single hks t04z turbo, hks inter cooler, hks wastegate, header, ecu, evc, and the list goes on and on of parts I don't know, will find out more when the motor is pulled. I will post pictures when I get use to the forum as I have been on here b4 but only signed up now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all

I'm Dan and I am new to here and Skyline ownership. I haven't had it that long so don't have many photos.

Being a noob you'll more than likely see me about a bit.

Here is a picture of my R32 GTST

Anyone else from Kent??

221 - 240 of 634 Posts