GTR Forum banner

241 - 260 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey guys. I'm about to be the owner of a 1991 GTR. I am American but currently live in Germany. This has always been one of my favorite cars and can't wait for my new baby to get off the boat in the Netherlands so I can drive her home!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone!! .. I feel a bit of a judas as have always been a bit of a VAG lover (in both senses of the word :p) and had a handful of audis and my favourites. Seats. .. And always been in the modifying scene. But always for performance and not static/ euro looks.

Now I thought it was time to change my car as I had had it a year .. Slightly bored of it but still never failed to put a smile on my face when driving it. It's a Seat leon cupra with 320hp through the front wheels so can bit of a handful to say the least :D . Tried to part with my money for a bmw 335i but something kept holding me back each time.. So the long and short of it. I have bought myself a R32 gtr (soooo excited) .. Taking delivery of it tomorrow .. Now I know I'm probably going to get shot down here as I'm not new to forums but is there just a few quick pointers I can check to make sure I'm not buying a lemon . I know rust is a major factor . This vehicle has been undersealed when it was imported and the turrets looks on the face of it in good condition. Obviously this isn't a stock r32 either as I gather that is an almost impossible find these days lol .. This is all I have found so far and was just wondering if there's any more valuable info I could get my hands on before tomorrow.

But either way I'm happy to be making the switch and trying something different with a new group of fellow owners.

Thank you all for your time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
newbie in Northampton

hi, i have just signed up to the forum and don't own a gtr yet. i am looking for an r34 at the moment. I hope to find out a lot more about the car from the forum. thanks ALex

·
Registered
17 Posts
From VM to Nissan

Happy Friday all! :)

I'm brand new to the forum. So a quick hello from me. Currently living just north of London.

I have a Mk7 Golf R on a personal lease that is due to finish next month and with a change of personal circumstances I only need a weekend, fun car.

Car history is everything from a Metro GTA 1.4 oh yeah! to A VX220 Turbo and all sorts in between. I've always loved the R32 Skyline GTR and I'm looking at the best way to get hold of an immaculate car, I can be patient, I just hope I'm not looking for hens teeth.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys/gals!

I've been a lurker on here for a few years now and am the proud owner of a black 93 reg R32 Gtr :)

I Live near Witney, Oxfordshire working for the RAF.

The 32 came fresh from Japan a little under 2 years ago into my possession. No major mods (yet) other than the following...

Stein alloys wheels (some American brand I've never heard of but they look tidy in my eyes)
Kakimoto exhaust
Greddy adjustable suspension
HKS super power flow filter.

Well just thought I'd say hey ho soooo hi!

:wavey:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello

Hello,

I'm Nelis from the Netherlands and bought a R33 GTR V-Spec recently.

It is being modified as we speak. It's running 710 hp now. I'm waiting for the Dutch papers to come in so I can put some plates on and enjoy it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just realised I never posted in here.

My name's Mark, live in Scotland and I'm the proud owner of an R33 GTR in a custom shade near Bayside Blue.

I bought it from Jurgen at JM-Imports and picked it up on the 1st of November 2014!

It's had a few things done to it:

HKS Induction Kit - trying to replace with a ARC Super Induction, but having a nightmare of a time getting it fitted.
Kakimoto Regu 96-R exhaust - to be replaced with lots of Titanium when I can afford it.
HKS Hipermax III Coilovers - recently fitted, replacing Nismo S-Tunes as I wanted the car to sit lower!
Nismo Rear LCA's
Cusco Front and Rear Camber Arms
Nismo Front Rods
Nismo Coppermix Twinplate Clutch(can't get over how light the clutch is, nearly launched it the first time I sat in it as I though I was going to have a lot heavier action!)
Top Secret Gear knob - worryingly bought in Jan '13 as my friend (and fellow Forum member Lewis_08) wasn't letting me buy a Twin Turbo Aristo for my "next car" and that I was getting a 33!
Nismo Gauge Cluster (want to replace the gauges with MINE's and Dash Cluster

So much more to be done and so many questions to ask!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey people!

My name is Ryan and I'm from London, currently on the lurch for my first GTR. Previous cars EP3 Type R, Evo 8, Impreza STI and currently have an E46 M3!!

I essentially want an R34 GTR and have approx. 35k to spend, is there a buyers guide available?

Any help appreciated

Ryan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I'm Scott from Halifax, West Yorkshire. I don't currently own a Skyline but have always loved them! Possibly looking for an R33GTR or R34GTT (preferebly the R33!)

Getting married in 4 weeks so all money has currently gone on the wedding (the cost of a decent R33!)

Would be great to meet up with other (local) owners to get to know the ins and outs etc!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm James I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to join up. Currently in Southampton and moving to Manchester next year with work. Finally able to buy the car I want so in the market for an R32 or R33, and hoping to run it as a daily driver.

Looking forward to being part of the community here!

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all, I'm Gareth from the South Wales area.
Just joined today as I'm doing my research on Skylines as it's one of my "next car maybes". ;)

I'm an avid car enthusiast and a moderator from the "350Z UK forum" which I know a few of your members are already on.

Currently driving an 08' FN2 CTR GT but my previous car was a 03' supercharged Nissan 350Z with 436Bhp hence why I was on the 350Z forum originally.
Hoping to learn a lot from this forum & it's members with the hope of eventually being welcomed into the fold with my own Skyline GTR one day in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello all, I'm Gareth from the South Wales area.
Just joined today as I'm doing my research on Skylines as it's one of my "next car maybes". ;)

I'm an avid car enthusiast and a moderator from the "350Z UK forum" which I know a few of your members are already on.

Currently driving an 08' FN2 CTR GT but my previous car was a 03' supercharged Nissan 350Z with 436Bhp hence why I was on the 350Z forum originally.
Hoping to learn a lot from this forum & it's members with the hope of eventually being welcomed into the fold with my own Skyline GTR one day in the not too distant future.
If you're interested in GTR's and are already a fan of the Fairlady series, then this should pique your interest...

241 - 260 of 634 Posts