GTR Forum banner

281 - 300 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I know this is an old thread but thought I'd just introduce myself.....

My names Chris, I'm 24 and I live in the Derbyshire area, I don't currently own a gtr yet..... But I've been searching on and off for about 4 years now, but I'm fully committing the next couple of months or so and buying myself one :)

I hope to attend most meets and shows and I look forward to getting to know everyone and meet fellow owners :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Undecided Noob......

Good evening everyone.....

I hope you are all doing well?

I am busy with finally getting my GTR......(Cant believe its actually happening)

But I am faced with a very difficult decision.....R33 or R34 V-Spec...

I need advise from members who have owned both.....

Which one should I go for?

Many Thanks in Advance for your help.....

FYI - Not building a 1000Hp beast....Just a fun daily comfortable drive....

Best

Francois

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good evening everyone.....

I hope you are all doing well?

I am busy with finally getting my GTR......(Cant believe its actually happening)

But I am faced with a very difficult decision.....R33 or R34 V-Spec...

I need advise from members who have owned both.....

Which one should I go for?

Many Thanks in Advance for your help.....

FYI - Not building a 1000Hp beast....Just a fun daily comfortable drive....

Best

Francois
Hi mate

Ive currently R33 GTR V-Spec and a friend had a R34 GTR. The R33 is longer than the R34

If your not interested in a 1000bhp monster, but something reasonable, for me, i'd buy an R34 GTR. the addition of the 6 speed gearbox and the multi function display over the R33, for me is something i wish i had on the R33 (6 speed box) when on long Motorway journeys.

That said, you can always put the 6 speed in the R33 (around 6K) and everyone has their own opinions when it comes to what looks better between R33/R34.. but thats your own preference.

both great cars, so you won't regret buying 1 over the other really.. trust me... it won't be a "Comfortable daily driver" for long once you start... its addictive :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Welcome to the forum :wavey:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Noob on the scene

Hiya Guys,

My name's Jai, have been looking at R32s for quite while and can finally say I'm the owner of the most perfect one.

Date of registration is the same as my birthday... like it was meant to be! :chuckle: Bringing it home this weekend.

Ozz @ HJA did a fantastic job sourcing this example and can't thank him enough for his help and patience.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hiya Guys,

My name's Jai, have been looking at R32s for quite while and can finally say I'm the owner of the most perfect one.

Date of registration is the same as my birthday... like it was meant to be! :chuckle: Bringing it home this weekend.

Ozz @ HJA did a fantastic job sourcing a gorgeous example and can't thank him enough for his help and patience.

Thanks
Welcome, Ozz is a top bloke i brought mine from him not too long ago,Enjoy!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Cheers Bob,

Quick question? You're not from the West London area are you? If so pretty I saw you're car once... left me like :eek:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi all! Im Daniel from the very north of Sweden, not far from the polar circle. Ive been interested in Skylines since i discovered them in -95. A few years ago i decided to actually get one and this friday i finaly did! And what a car it is!! Its a 21 years old BCNR33, dynoed 614hp in England before it came to Sweden -09. Excellent condition inside and out and the awsome (L O U D) sound from the Kakimoto twins makes me giggle like a school girl! =)
Drove it 900km home in ~7 hours, laughing all the way. Its a dream come true for real! Its all i expected and even so much more!
Film from dyno in UK: https://youtu.be/a0T2-utGEno

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Im new to this forum!
I am 20 years old in essex.
Been dreaming of owning a gtr since i was about 15 and now i can afford one.
My plan is to buy a nice r33 and keep it in my garage modifying and making it nice so that when it comes to the point where i can afford insurance i will insure it!
Some people i have told look a bit confused when i say i am buying a car i cant drive at the moment....(currently 12k is my best insurance quote)
But if i can get my hands on a nice looked after gtr just maintaing and modifying will be enough for me.
Even compared to supercars i would rather a gtr 90% of the time haha.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Not so much a newbie as a re-introduction having been away from the Skyline scene for a number of years.

My name is Chris, I live in Aberdeen and I've recently purchased an R33 GTR.

I look forward to getting involved in the community once again!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,
Im new to this forum!
I am 20 years old in essex.
Been dreaming of owning a gtr since i was about 15 and now i can afford one.
My plan is to buy a nice r33 and keep it in my garage modifying and making it nice so that when it comes to the point where i can afford insurance i will insure it!
Some people i have told look a bit confused when i say i am buying a car i cant drive at the moment....(currently 12k is my best insurance quote)
But if i can get my hands on a nice looked after gtr just maintaing and modifying will be enough for me.
Even compared to supercars i would rather a gtr 90% of the time haha.
Hi Connor, at 21 you'll be able to insure one, I recently insured my 34gtr at 21, was around £1300 so not too bad at all. so you don't have to wait to much longer.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Newbie from Oxford

Morning All,

just reserved a R33 GTST as a bit of a weekend toy, hopefully picking up end of the week.
Looking forward to some meets.
Anyone know anything of this car? been having a hunt on the forums and can't find anything.
cheers.
Alex

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi !

My name is Thomas, i am french but actually live in London.
After owning few japanese car and italian bike, i have decided to find the perfect R34 GTR ..
I am happy to join your community and actively looking for a Vspec or Vspec II .. but as i seen, price are going up a lot ... Hard choice !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all I'm not a newbie my last visit to this site was 21 October 2006 I've just imported an r33 gtr V-spec! Ten years on, here we go again!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi all I am jay from Hornchurch Essex I love skylines I am looking for a nice clean r32 gtr with good power and wondered if you guys can help me out finding one thanks ***9996;***127998;***65039;

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hi all I am jay from Hornchurch Essex I love skylines I am looking for a nice clean r32 gtr with good power and wondered if you guys can help me out finding one thanks ***9996;***127998;***65039;
Got a Big Spec R32 if your interested send me your number i'll send you some pictures and spec over.

281 - 300 of 632 Posts