GTR Forum banner

601 - 620 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Prom Night Nissan

Hi, I'm in Mansfield Notts with a 16yr old son who is in love with Jap cars - all he talks about is skylines, sylvias and gtrs. it's his prom night on Thursday 20th June and i would love to find him a dream car to go to the prom. All i can find online are run of the mill wedding cars/hummers etc and it wouldn't impress. Does anyone know where i can hire something suitable for a couple of hours? Either with a driver or not? many thanks x

·
Registered
19 Posts

Hi all, thought I would introduce myself.
I just purchased my first ever skyline so safe to say im a complete newbie to this world. Ive bought myself a 1996 r33 gtr, its safe to say its a little bit of a project but im hoping its a good baseline to start.

There's a few little things im hoping you guys can help me with or point me in the right direction with so you'll more than likely see me popping up on the forum probably asking some silly question.:chuckle:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to the wonderful world of Skyline ownership, its a car I've long dreamed of owning but had little to no chance of owning until March of this year when I won an R32 GTR from a ticketed competition. The car is sound bodywork wise with no sign of rot and has roughly 60K (claimed) mileage on the clock. Paint is a bit rough in places, with some overspray visible in areas, car was originally red but has been sprayed black.

There are a couple of issues with the engine, it idles at roughly 1.5k and has a whiff of petrol when driving. The car occasionally suffers from power hitches under acceleration but pulls fine. Engine is stock apart from a set of cone filters.

Suspension wise it appears the car is setup as a stance/drift car setup and sits rather low, I will be looking to swap the back coilovers out for something with a bit more height as the current setup leaves about 1.5" of clearance between the centre box and the ground, bumps in the road do cause sparks...

I have no official history for car but believe it was imported 10 years ago and MOT history only shows a total of 4000KM over the last 8 years. The car will only be a fair weather drive so will not be accruing a lot of regular mileage.

If you have made it this far congratulations and thanks for reading, I hope I can pick your brains when I have any queries.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought I'd finally say hi, been on here lurking for a while. Unfortunately I don't actually own a skyline but someday I do hope to get hold of an R32 GTR (Personal Favourite).

I do however currently own an S14 thhat I swapped and RB25 into and now in the process of swapping in an RB26.

No doubt I will need some information about bits and bobs at some point.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Thought I'd finally say hi, been on here lurking for a while. Unfortunately I don't actually own a skyline but someday I do hope to get hold of an R32 GTR (Personal Favourite).

I do however currently own an S14 thhat I swapped and RB25 into and now in the process of swapping in an RB26.

No doubt I will need some information about bits and bobs at some point.

Thanks
Welcome! Any reason with going from the 25-26? Curiosity more than anything from me!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi all, thought I would introduce myself.
I just purchased my first ever skyline so safe to say im a complete newbie to this world. Ive bought myself a 1996 r33 gtr, its safe to say its a little bit of a project but im hoping its a good baseline to start.

There's a few little things im hoping you guys can help me with or point me in the right direction with so you'll more than likely see me popping up on the forum probably asking some silly question.:chuckle:
Mind sharing some pictures? 33s are really sweet cars!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey all!

I'd like to introduce myself too.

I am 20years old car enthusiast from Finland with series 1 R34 GT-R and stanced 1JZ swapped S13. I've been working around cars from 15yo and I've always loved cars as my father has always had tuned Supras. Recently sold my JZZ30 Soarer to get this BNR34.

I work at my dad's car repair shop and I do all the paperwork here. My income is not very high, but cars are my passion so that's where the money goes.

Few pictures of my cars so you get the idea that I like to do what I want and not care what others say. BTW, before anyone says that do not ruin the R34, I'll not keep it stock, but this one is not going to be a stanced one. :D

The S13

57726622_2276445325745086_7867172259863986176_o by juucso, on Flickr

IMG_2251 by juucso, on Flickr

e1kRDmBNRDWqsE8AHSHUOA by juucso, on Flickr

Recently sold Soarer

basisCoFQciQ1w9dnaZ6jw by juucso, on Flickr

I8a5YZl2SSiEGiqUeyVuZA by juucso, on Flickr

And the new BNR34.

45EF0816-4066-48BB-B739-0411397D96A5 by juucso, on Flickr

203F38B2-0247-4854-B99C-3BE3FA5486B4 by juucso, on Flickr

IMG_3480 by juucso, on Flickr

·
Registered
15 Posts
hello All,

Just recently became an owner of a 1995 R33 GTR. I'm from the US, so I have a bit of a wait to get it. I hope to learn a lot from the forum and share as much as I'm able.

Besides an exhaust and some coil-overs the car is stock. Initially, I plan to do cosmetic changes and things to modernize functionalities. Overall, I plan for it to be a forever car so I am in no rush to get power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9clG1gMrj0Q

nissanskyline3ce0e60bf9.jpg

nissanskyline7126cf289a.jpg

nissanskylineaed267ecd0.jpg

viber_image_2019-06-05_01-39-53.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys... new to the forum . Thought I'd post up a few pics of my newly acquired r32 GTR .
I've been hankering after one for a while and thought I'd better take the plunge before our friends over the pond drive the prices to a level that would be beyond my means.
Anyways... here's a few pics.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
What 2 such beautiful cars, with yours RTSKY33 somewhat similar to mine. I did what some may call a retro-mod upgrade to the interior, moved the gauges, installed an Alpine satnav/stereo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What 2 such beautiful cars, with yours RTSKY33 somewhat similar to mine. I did what some may call a retro-mod upgrade to the interior, moved the gauges, installed an Alpine satnav/stereo.
I have a Pioneer unit ready for install. I want to get that HVAC relocation trim kit from Garage Yoshida. That way I have a cleaner install.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe should introduce myself.
Nissan entusiast from Sweden, currently driving a R34 GTT as daily and a R32 GTR for rebuild in the garage.
The R32 I imported some 8 years ago from Japan, drove for a while and then sold, then the car had a oilpump failure and was put to storage for several years and last year I got sentimental and bought it back. So now I try to rebuild it and restore it to its former glory.

/Tomas Gustafsson

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. Im new to the community and i just got couple off weeks ago my r34. The previous owner had the car under the sun getting rust so i decided to buy it and plan to restore. I need your help finding a place i can take my car to restore it ,any where in the world. Or any website, store where i can find aftermarket or OEM parts. Now im looking to change entire front and back suspension(arms, bushings, etc) i already got the Ohlins coilovers waiting to get the rest of the parts so i can begin installing everything.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi folks!

I'm brand new here. I have been on some US Nissan forums for roughly 13 years, but now as the owner of an R32 here in the states, those message boards are quite quiet in regards to Skylines. This board seems fantastic and full of content. I love lurking and will quite happy here for years to come I'm sure!

I bought a 1991 R32 GTS-T Type-M Sedan a few days ago. It runs phenomenal, but don't look up to my standards. The original black was repainted to Midnight Purple when it was imported, but obviously done in someones garage, as there is a lot of dust and particles in the paint. The car is fairly solid, but there is a crack on the lower panel behind the rear wheel where someone repaired some rust I'd guess. Underneath the car is solid, though! All the fuel and brake lines looks almost new, and besides being crushed by previous owners using bad jacking methods, the rails have no rust on them!

First things first for me. I have a fair sized oil leak that I've posted about here and am trying to hunt down to little luck so far. After the car is in good mechanical condition, I'll begin playing with it and maybe doing a couple more mods to it! :chuckle:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey Katapl! Do you have any pictures of your sedan? I also noticed that you're in Minnesota, and wanted to know how easy was it to register the vehicle there? Where I'm at (commiefornia) the emission laws are just as outrageous as they are in Germany, probably even worse. Many Skyline owners pay upwards of $10-15K to have their imported vehicle registered here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Katapl! Do you have any pictures of your sedan? I also noticed that you're in Minnesota, and wanted to know how easy was it to register the vehicle there? Where I'm at (commiefornia) the emission laws are just as outrageous as they are in Germany, probably even worse. Many Skyline owners pay upwards of $10-15K to have their imported vehicle registered here.
Hey! I've got some not-so-great pictures I was sending to the insurance company that I'll put in. I had no issues registering it, as it was already titled in Wisconsin where I purchased it. The title only states 1991 Nissan. No model is given, but their DMV, and our DMV here didn't care either way. It's done and I'm waiting on a title and plates in the mail!

The car looks alright. Nothing special, but it is a running project. That's kinda what I was after anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just thought i'd say hello, again. I originally registered here about 19 or 20 years ago, my original log in doesn't seem to work though. I'm looking to get my R33 GTR back up to standard after having it sitting around for the last 11 years.

601 - 620 of 647 Posts