GTR Forum banner

621 - 640 of 644 Posts

·
R35 Section manager
10,836 Posts
Just thought i'd say hello, again. I originally registered here about 19 or 20 years ago, my original log in doesn't seem to work though. I'm looking to get my R33 GTR back up to standard after having it sitting around for the last 11 years.

Try contacting Mook he maybe able to sort out your old account.
I would be interested to hear how you get on with your car after being sat for 11 years

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try contacting Mook he maybe able to sort out your old account.
I would be interested to hear how you get on with your car after being sat for 11 years
yeah i'm a bit scared it might be beyond repair. There is a lot of rust underneath and i don't have a huge amount of money to spend on it. We'll see....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Evening all,

Just bought my 1st GT-R, been looking & waiting for the right one to come along.

Think it's been worth the wait !

James

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there.

Been longing for an R33 GTR for ages, but life just got in the way; wife, kids, jobs etc.

Now, with a change of circumstances, I can finally hopefully scratch that itch.

Been looking at a few R33's for sale and hope to take the plunge soon.

cheers
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Joined here yesterday and posted but it got taken down. Guess I put it up in the wrong place, being a newbie!

I had an R33 2.0 GT back in '08 then an R33 GTS-T in 2011. Got my '96 R33 VSPEC GTR on the way in. Would like to share the experience, buy/sell parts and find any help I'll need!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there.

Been longing for an R33 GTR for ages, but life just got in the way; wife, kids, jobs etc.

Now, with a change of circumstances, I can finally hopefully scratch that itch.

Been looking at a few R33's for sale and hope to take the plunge soon.

cheers
Chris
Well, got my R33 now. Will start a new topic when I've worked out how to get pictures up (posted enough times).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, got my R33 now. Will start a new topic when I've worked out how to get pictures up (posted enough times).
Nice! Which year/series? We usually use imgur links to post pictures, or if you scroll down when making a post. Or if you scroll down when making a post down to the section "Attach Files" and click manage attachments, you could be able to post pictures of your R33. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice! Which year/series? We usually use imgur links to post pictures, or if you scroll down when making a post. Or if you scroll down when making a post down to the section "Attach Files" and click manage attachments, you could be able to post pictures of your R33. Hope this helps.
It's an R33 GTR (non V-Spec) from Jan/Feb 1995 in QM1.

I've got a build thread started on it now: https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/570705-my-1995-r33-gtr.html

cheers
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

I***8217;m from Canada my name is Reily. I currently have a 90 or 91 Gtr, been building it up for nearly 3 years now. Took out every nut and bolt, hung it on a rotisserie and stripped it down. Just now finally got my motor running yesterday.

In the past I***8217;ve had a fairly stock 1990 732 Gtr, and a 91 R32.4.

Mainly joining this forum to chase drive by wire set ups but hopefully learn a lot more about the cars as I poke around. Happy to have what looks like an active forum especially since Gtrcanada disappeared

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi newbie Still Truckin just joined the forum about to buy a 2008 GT 370 Skyline very interested to find out if the stock internals will take around 500 BHP cheers ST

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I'm a newbie here too, so I'll start with a basic background of how I got into Skylines. As a lot of us, this was a childhood icon in games/movies whilst I was growing up. It was affordable back then (between 2000-2008, incomparison to now) but my family wasn't the wealthiest. In 2017, I took a lads holiday out in Japan and managed to book a tour drive in an R33 GTR V Spec it was bone stock and when I drove it, I knew exactly why this was my favourite car. The feel from the clutch to the steering. My most iconic moment in it was when I was turning at a V shape like hairpin bend at 80kph (50mph) and I felt the HICAS rear wheel steering kick in and curved me right through the corner as if I was on rails! Thats when I knew, I had to get this car no matter what the cost was. Due to the steep inclining prices and the car becoming legal to import to the States. I knew if I didn't buy one anytime soon, I would never be able to afford one!

So I picked up my R33 GTR on the 5th of February 2020. I bought this ASAP due to the increase in prices and before the time of purchase, I was very conflicted being getting a GTS/GTST/GTT vs a GTR. My theory was I spend less on the car itself with more money leftover to use to get it to how I want. Anyways after months of serching the market, I spotted this one GTR which was slightly out of my total budget BUT... it had 90% of the stuff already done to it which I was going to do anyways. 400R kit, larger Garett GT2860R-5 turbos, G4 Link ECU and Japanese branded Tweeters all around the car but maintaining a very OEM+ look. However, the speakers didn't work... so it was a good start for me to work on with simple issues to fix. The only thing about the car for me was that the HICAS arms were deleted (future project?). So first things first, I went to view it. Immediately I knew this was the car for me, It was a good OEM+ base for me to work off. Stock Internals so once I run this engine to the ground I can go on to forged etc. In terms of colour choice, I had Midnight Purple as the top dog and QM1 White as the second. After talking to the previous owner we both had a very smooth sailing transation and agreement between transfer of GT-R ownership, I managed to get it and it passed the UK car MOT yearly check with flying colours with me only needing to change 1 tyre (which I probably damaged on the way home). 3 weeks later i fixed my speaker issue. This is the short story of how I got my GT-R.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all, my story is similiar to Thanwa. I remember when I was younger, I was walking in my neighbourhood with my dad (we were always into cars, but never had the means to afford something decent) and as we approached this large roundabout which you can typically take at 30-40mph, we saw a black Skyline coming in fast in front of us. Without a single chirp or squeak it must have gracefully glided around that roundabout at 60mph+, taking the second exit as if there was no roundabout. That was a reasonably new R33 as it must have been between 1997 and 1999. I recall that moment thinking, one day I have one of those!

I suppose for most of us these cars are connected to some sort of memory, because it's difficult to justify paying the same price as an early R35 or an old Ferrari/Aston Martin, but for me there are many reasons to get into ownership. The most important being a local garage who performed a full rebuild of the car I just bought, full of guys passionate about them with all the knowledge. If it was an old Aston then it'd likely become an old paperweight.

I'm also fascinated by Japanese history and culture and their Motorsport heritage - so for me it's really not the same for me as buying an old 997.

I'm living in Europe now where most older cars all seem to be around the 35k euros mark, whether a 944 turbo, Clio williams, 996/early 997, etc. Therefore as it was already imported and all the paperwork done (which proved problematic on an older car, as it would have to be original), I jumped at the chance to get one. It's 1 of 2 in the country and #34 an original Middlehurst car. Great history to the car too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sup fellas,

My name is Ali, I live here in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Had my BNR32 for about 5-6 years now, and have been on the forum for awhile as a ghost. For some reason I could never post or reply, found out my dumbass never confirmed my email address.

Heres a pic of the money pit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey, ReSuperG. I saw your R32 back in 2017 when I lived in Florida at the Deerfield car meet by the Buffalo Wild Wings. That was one of the nicest looking Nissan Skyline R32 GTR I have laid my eyes upon, and I usually prefer the gunmetal grey color for the R32s. I still have a picture of your car on my phone. A lot of the R32s in the US seem to be trashed up. Did you paint the car yourself?

Welcome Stuart! That R33 looks really nice in that color and looks like it was taken care of!

Due to the steep inclining prices and the car becoming legal to import to the States. I knew if I didn't buy one anytime soon, I would never be able to afford one!

So I picked up my R33 GTR on the 5th of February 2020. I bought this ASAP due to the increase in prices and before the time of purchase, I was very conflicted being getting a GTS/GTST/GTT vs a GTR. My theory was I spend less on the car itself with more money leftover to use to get it to how I want. Anyways after months of serching the market, I spotted this one GTR which was slightly out of my total budget BUT... it had 90% of the stuff already done to it which I was going to do anyways. 400R kit, larger Garett GT2860R-5 turbos, G4 Link ECU and Japanese branded Tweeters all around the car but maintaining a very OEM+ look. However, the speakers didn't work... so it was a good start for me to work on with simple issues to fix. The only thing about the car for me was that the HICAS arms were deleted (future project?). So first things first, I went to view it. Immediately I knew this was the car for me, It was a good OEM+ base for me to work off. Stock Internals so once I run this engine to the ground I can go on to forged etc. In terms of colour choice, I had Midnight Purple as the top dog and QM1 White as the second. After talking to the previous owner we both had a very smooth sailing transation and agreement between transfer of GT-R ownership, I managed to get it and it passed the UK car MOT yearly check with flying colours with me only needing to change 1 tyre (which I probably damaged on the way home). 3 weeks later i fixed my speaker issue. This is the short story of how I got my GT-R.
View attachment 259506
View attachment 259503
Very nice car! And you are right, the Americans are really crazy with these imports. I was looking at buying a 944 I had my eyes on back in 2013, when they were selling for less than $5,000 USD. Now they have skyrocketed due to things like media, youtubers, shows, etc. I hope you enjoy that car and take good care of it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm French ( so sorry for my bad English...)
I've an Bnr32 until 2012 now, and I start to build it in single this year.
I'm here to get advice and maybe to buy parts !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bonjour à tous, mon nom est Kevin de France. J'ai une Nissan GT-R
Modèle 2009

Préparation de GLracing
Boîte révisée 2012
Nouveau moteur forgé (actuellement 2200kms)
Kit de carburant flexible E85
Pompe à essence Asnu
Injecteur 1050cc
Downpipe Hks
Ypipe milltek
Admission carbone AMS
Volant moteur renforcé
Cloche de sortie moteur renforcée.
Et reprog par ludo gl racing

Quelques éléments de nismo à l'intérieur
Volant, compteur de vitesse, tableau de bord, pommeau et capot moteur Je suis ici pour vous parler et suivre l'actualité.

621 - 640 of 644 Posts